Trade Deadline Thread

SmittyBacall

25 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I thought Brown was a pretty solid player? That's a strange move, isn't it? 

Probably the weakest link on our OL last year but still solid. He likely wasn’t gonna be a Ram after this season but I still liked having him here in case he ever needed to step in.

6 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

How in the hell Bruce Allen had the fortitude to do the right thing for once?  I guess its the stopped clock theory on this one.  But getting HaHa for a 4th was a huge move.  Redskins now have the top two rated safeties in football to go with that DLine.

* Top rated according to Pro Football Focus, who think Jalen Mills is having an average year as he gets burnt and commits PI all over the place.

Its a great move for little cost, but he's not Ed Reed.

5 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

* Top rated according to Pro Football Focus, who think Jalen Mills is having an average year as he gets burnt and commits PI all over the place.

Its a great move for little cost, but he's not Ed Reed.

True, but they don’t need him to be Ed Reed.  He’s going to play with two quality vets in Norman and Swearinger, and the Skins front 7 has looked good this year after Allen, Payne and Ioannidis have really stepped up. They just need HHCD to play deep centerfield and backup the CBs on deep coverage.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

True, but they don’t need him to be Ed Reed.  He’s going to play with two quality vets in Norman and Swearinger, and the Skins front 7 has looked good this year after Allen, Payne and Ioannidis have really stepped up.

Its a very good move (and an idiotic move for Green Bay), but I don't think it makes them a lock to win anything.

Peterson staying healthy will be a much bigger factor.

5 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Its a very good move (and an idiotic move for Green Bay), but I don't think it makes them a lock to win anything.

Well ya, Peterson’s basically carrying the offense right now, and at 33 I doubt he can keep it up.  But he’s a freak so who knows.

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Well ya, Peterson’s basically carrying the offense right now, and at 33 I doubt he can keep it up.  But he’s a freak so who knows.

I’ve been surprised they haven’t been using Jordan Reed, i know he’s always hurt, but why not use him when he plays? Also Chris Thompson started the year off great before he got hurt, is he not fully healthy, because he should be getting more usage as well.

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I’ve been surprised they haven’t been using Jordan Reed, i know he’s always hurt, but why not use him when he plays? Also Chris Thompson started the year off great before he got hurt, is he not fully healthy, because he should be getting more usage as well.

Reed and Smith don’t seem to have a lot of chemistry yet.

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

True, but they don’t need him to be Ed Reed.  He’s going to play with two quality vets in Norman and Swearinger, and the Skins front 7 has looked good this year after Allen, Payne and Ioannidis have really stepped up. They just need HHCD to play deep centerfield and backup the CBs on deep coverage.

I wouldn't rely too heavily on HHCD to play CF.  He's too inconsistent with the angles he takes to the ball carrier, and he's usually a bit late in recognizing the play.  He's a good safety, but he's trying to be paid like an elite one and he isn't an elite safety.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I wouldn't rely too heavily on HHCD to play CF.  He's too inconsistent with the angles he takes to the ball carrier, and he's usually a bit late in recognizing the play.  He's a good safety, but he's trying to be paid like an elite one and he isn't an elite safety.

We can just tag him next year, the franchise tag for Safeties is pretty cheap.

13 hours ago, SkippyX said:

You're right about AD's staying healthy, but it sure doesn't hurt their hopes of winning the division to add another good player.

Also, it's nice to see the Skins getting a break at the safety position after the tragedy of losing Sean Taylor back in the day. 

54 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We can just tag him next year, the franchise tag for Safeties is pretty cheap.

$12M for the franchise tag isn't cheap.  Last year, the tag came right under $12M so you have to figure it'll be around there as well.  That's elite S money.

Archived