The Wire mafia - Game Over! The Barksdale Gang controls Baltimore!

Whicker

1 hour ago, The Orca said:

Huge difference. I'm owning it. I am being defensive strongly and told you why. Also, that was mechanical about a post  lettering and not why he did or said something.

Not that different at all. The premise is the same, players will sometimes react strongly when they're being rightly accused but with poor reasoning.

Pickle did it, and your reaction has been bigger than it should've have been too. Bigger than expected all things considered? Maybe not. But bigger than it should've been? Yes, for sure. 

If u said I was a civ doing this (buttering up to stay alive) as well I'd still be defensive.

1) It's weird you felt the need to say this. 

2) For what purpose would I call you out on this if I thought you were a civ? The scenario you're imagining would never happen. 

You asked why I was being strongly defensive and I explained it in detail. What do you expect me to say or do? Not in me to stay quiet about that reason. 

You explained your defensiveness the same way pickle did and he ended up being scum, so forgive me if your explanation hasn't cleared you lol.

The two events aren't connected in any way, and I'm not claiming they are. other than looking similar from the outside, it means nothing.

But surely you can see the parallels to both of you getting a little too defensive based on an honestly weak read, then getting hung up in specifics about why you're so defensive while also arguing "I'd act this way regardless of alignment"

it's uncanny. 

20 minutes ago, Dome said:

Not that different at all. The premise is the same, players will sometimes react strongly when they're being rightly accused but with poor reasoning.

Pickle did it, and your reaction has been bigger than it should've have been too. Bigger than expected all things considered? Maybe not. But bigger than it should've been? Yes, for sure. 

1) It's weird you felt the need to say this. 

2) For what purpose would I call you out on this if I thought you were a civ? The scenario you're imagining would never happen. 

You explained your defensiveness the same way pickle did and he ended up being scum, so forgive me if your explanation hasn't cleared you lol.

The two events aren't connected in any way, and I'm not claiming they are. other than looking similar from the outside, it means nothing.

But surely you can see the parallels to both of you getting a little too defensive based on an honestly weak read, then getting hung up in specifics about why you're so defensive while also arguing "I'd act this way regardless of alignment"

it's uncanny. 

It's the same as if I accused you of being mafia (falsely) cause you sent me a move thinking I was the host (messaged the wrong person). Would you just ignore it...I doubt it. Your reason was completely false, so I spelled out why.

You never answered my question. Did you think I would just ignore the comment...that's not civ like imo. That's trying to avoid pressure and comversation and is scummy. 

And to 1 and 2, I was pointing out that it doesn't matter even if you thought the buttering you up was a civ move I would still be defensive about it.

Anyway, enough of this discussion. Let's get back to scum hunting. 

Dome – Pickle (12), Rags (15)
Ragnarok
Squire
Bcb
Orca
– Bcb (7), Dingo (12), Squire (13), Bcb (16)
Pickle Rick – Malf (6), Squire (12)
James – Swag (16)
Mookie – KSJ (6)
Touch – Swag (7)
Khodder – Rags (15)
KSJ – Rags (8), Orca (11)
Swag – Touch (8), Bcb (9), Malf (9), Bcb (16)
Malf – Pickle (6), Touch (6), Orca (8), Matts (11), Khodder (15)
Matts – Dingo (12)
Ted
Dingo
– Swag (14)

Vote Count:
3 Swag – Touch, Dingo, James
2 Bcb – Swag, Orca

2 Rags – Khodder, Dome
1 KSJ – Mookie
1 Khodder – Malf
1 Orca – KSJ
1 Dingo – Matts
1 Squire – Pickle

7 hours ago, The Orca said:

It's the same as if I accused you of being mafia (falsely) cause you sent me a move thinking I was the host (messaged the wrong person). Would you just ignore it...I doubt it. Your reason was completely false, so I spelled out why.

This is a bad comparison.

There’s no reason to suspect someone is mafia simply because they have a move. There is reason to suspect someone is mafia based on their reaction to an accusation. 

You cant compare them at all.

You never answered my question. Did you think I would just ignore the comment...that's not civ like imo. That's trying to avoid pressure and comversation and is scummy. 

No. I wouldn’t expect that. There’s a lot of ground to cover between completely ignoring something, and the reaction you had.

And to 1 and 2, I was pointing out that it doesn't matter even if you thought the buttering you up was a civ move I would still be defensive about it.

More terrible logic.

I’m asking how that’s relevant. If I thought you were a civ it never would’ve been brought up anyways because I wouldn’t have felt like your  motives were bad.

9 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

You didn't flip out, lose your cool, or just flail about.  Seems like you are in fact better than a number of people here already.  

Nice to see real reads.  Why not mention that as part of your first post?

Hmm if rags is scum, khodder probably is also 

13 hours ago, The Orca said:
22 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

hi guise

16 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Wait, @SwAgactually signed up 

Oh man I'm getting the popcorn ready 

15 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Do I know this khodder person? 

14 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

You've probably already posted more than ruskie will 

Alright, it's early in day 1, but BcB is standing out. All of his posts contain little content. I'll be watching this for sure.

4 hours ago, TedLavie said:

@The Orca can you lay out your argument for bcb again? I must have missed it but I didn't see anything stand out.

I really don't like Dingo throwing names around and giving no explanations. He did it with Swag and now Dome.

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

did you see where he posted it the first time?

@TedLavie @Malfatron

His posts are just filler. No real attempt to scumhunt. 

28 minutes ago, Dome said:

This is a bad comparison.

There’s no reason to suspect someone is mafia simply because they have a move. There is reason to suspect someone is mafia based on their reaction to an accusation. 

You cant compare them at all.

No. I wouldn’t expect that. There’s a lot of ground to cover between completely ignoring something, and the reaction you had.

More terrible logic.

I’m asking how that’s relevant. If I thought you were a civ it never would’ve been brought up anyways because I wouldn’t have felt like your  motives were bad.

It's relevant cause even if you did point it out because you thought it was a civ move...my response would have been the same. 

I've explained the reaction honestly and in detail. I felt strongly about what you said and I responded in strong defense of the reason. 

I'll agree to disagree. No need to clog the thread with this debate anymore. If you don't believe me, nothing I can say at this point will change your mind 

Archived