Is Aaron Donald already a HOFer?

NFLExpert49

4 hours ago, El ramster said:

Holy shart.. That is the most insane stats ever. My jaw is on the floor.

70%???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

@ET80, what's good?

55 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

@ET80, what's good?

Well, what were JJs percentages in 2014? That was the comparison, whether or not Donald's season compares to what Watt did in 2014. 

Seems like everyone but you is unanimous that Watt's 2014 was/is superior, but you enjoy marching to the beat of your own drummer.

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Well, what were JJs percentages in 2014? That was the comparison, whether or not Donald's season compares to what Watt did in 2014. 

Seems like everyone but you is unanimous that Watt's 2014 was/is superior, but you enjoy marching to the beat of your own drummer.

What were they, ET?

Just now, jrry32 said:

What were they, ET?

I don't know, and don't care to look it up. If you're using this one stat as validation that Donald's 2018 is on pace with Watt's 2014, then you're using stats like a drunk person uses a lamppost - for support, not illumination.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't know, and don't care to look it up. If you're using this one stat as validation that Donald's 2018 is on pace with Watt's 2014, then you're using stats like a drunk person uses a lamppost - for support, not illumination.

Weren't you recently talking about how Wade was great at getting Watt singled up?(and then I pointed out that he's not doing that this year with Donald) 

P.S. If Donald continues to be as dominant as he has been in the first half of the season despite the ridiculous amount of double teams (a big if), his season will be on par with Watt's 2014.

ParallelVelvetyHydatidtapeworm-size_rest

36 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Weren't you recently talking about how Wade was great at getting Watt singled up?(and then I pointed out that he's not doing that this year with Donald) 

You're right - but I don't recall refuting your response. I haven't seen a Wade defense since 2013, so I don't know what he calls now vs what he calls then.

If this is your "mic drop" moment, have at it - I have a feeling you need it more than I do.

36 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

P.S. If Donald continues to be as dominant as he has been in the first half of the season despite the ridiculous amount of double teams (a big if), his season will be on par with Watt's 2014.

To you, maybe. You're choosing to ignore passes defended, INTs, FR, Defensive TDs scored - things that Donald simply doesn't do. That's your perogative, grade on whatever scale you want...

...but understand, that's just your grading scale. 

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You're right - but I don't recall refuting your response. I haven't seen a Wade defense since 2013, so I don't know what he calls now vs what he calls then.

If this is your "mic drop" moment, have at it - I have a feeling you need it more than I do.

To you, maybe. You're choosing to ignore passes defended, INTs, FR, Defensive TDs scored - things that Donald simply doesn't do. That's your perogative, grade on whatever scale you want...

Well to be fair..if I recall Watt had 1 int and 2 TDs that year(on defense at least) which is awesome and impressive... But the fact Donald is keeping Pace with Watts sack total as a DT is impressive. No matter what stat lines have to say. And the Sacks haven't been garbage time. Mainly fourth quarter win you the game sacks. He is running away with the DPOY for sure so far.

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I am choosing to ignore those things. If Aaron Donald and J.J. Watt were DBs, I would think of those as important to this conversation lol.

2 minutes ago, Riftty said:

Well to be fair..if I recall Watt had 1 int and 2 TDs that year(on defense at least) which is awesome and impressive... But the fact Donald is keeping Pace with Watts sack total as a DT is impressive. No matter what stat lines have to say. And the Sacks haven't been garbage time. Mainly fourth quarter win you the game sacks. He is running away with the DPOY for sure so far.

Well, this isn't accurate at all. That niners game was in garbage time the moment the teams stepped onto the field for warm ups, so that's 4 sacks right there!

Just now, jrry32 said:

I am choosing to ignore those things. If Aaron Donald and J.J. Watt were DBs, I would think of those as important to this conversation lol.

And that's your perogative. But, don't be surprised if nobody else buys what you're selling (but I don't think that matters to you). March to the beat of your own drum, I say...but don't get upset of you're the only one in the parade that isn't wearing pants.

3 minutes ago, Riftty said:

I'm not discounting that what Donald is doing - he's having a fantastic year. But that 2014 season from Watt was incredible - that Texans' team started Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ryan Mallet, Tom Savage and Case Keenum at QB, had injury issues with Arian Foster, Andre Johnson was slowing down, DeAndre Hopkins was still a high end #2. This team had no business winning four games, let alone going 9-7... and at least six of those wins were all Watt. 

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

And that's your perogative. But, don't be surprised if nobody else buys what you're selling (but I don't think that matters to you). March to the beat of your own drum, I say...but don't get upset of you're the only one in the parade that isn't wearing pants.

First of all, if not wearing pants in a parade is wrong, I don't want to be right. Second of all, PDs and INTs (especially when Watt only had 1 INT) aren't notable stats for DLs. It's like talking about whether Brady or Rodgers has more rushing yards. xD

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm not discounting that what Donald is doing - he's having a fantastic year. But that 2014 season from Watt was incredible - that Texans' team started Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ryan Mallet, Tom Savage and Case Keenum at QB, had injury issues with Arian Foster, Andre Johnson was slowing down, DeAndre Hopkins was still a high end #2. This team had no business winning four games, let alone going 9-7... and at least six of those wins were all Watt. 

Oh yeah I definitely remember that season. It was insanely impressive. That was the most impact out of that position that I have personally seen. I have only been watching football since 97' so that isn't a huge sample size but Watts 14, 15, 16 seasons were the best I have seen from a DE.

Just now, jrry32 said:

First of all, if not wearing pants in a parade is wrong, I don't want to be right. Second of all, PDs and INTs (especially when Watt only had 1 INT) aren't notable stats for DLs. It's like talking about whether Brady or Rodgers has more rushing yards. xD

They become notable when you're recording them at the same rate as a DB. Watt was tied for 11th in PDs that year. I'll give you the INT, but the actual play itself is arguably one of the most incredible plays I've ever seen anyone make. That stat line doesn't tell you it was in with the Texans down 10-7 to Buffalo in the 3rd quarter with Buffalo on their own 18; It's THE reason Houston won that day.

If Brady is rushing for 1,000 yards in a season, you better believe that's a major point in his favor.

Archived