Is Aaron Donald already a HOFer?

NFLExpert49

What I’m saying is hypothetically what if Donald, AB, Wilson all retired today? Yes it would be unprecedented but does none of those guys I’m get into the HOF? What if Bell retired today? How about Patrick Peterson? Vonn Miller? Does none get in? Like that would be unprecedented that all of them retired in their prime but the voters keeping all those great players out of the HOF because they cut their career short would be crazy. They would have to change the way they view things.

This is a mute point.

There is a big difference between being an accomplished 8-9 year vet and a 5 year vet. By year 8-9, we knew Peyton Manning, Ray Lewis, Tom Brady etc. were first ballot HOFers. I think Donald will get in the HOF, but putting him in same group as Von, Peterson, AB etc. is silly. 

13 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

How is it outlandish??? So he isnt having an HOF career?  What more does he have to prove? PFF is already saying that he is having the best season of his career and thats hard considering last season was his best season of his career. Like I find it funny how people can crown QBs like Kaep, Dak, Watson, Mahomes, and Jimmy G as the greatest when they only had 16 starts or less at the time people crown them BUT I crown Donald 4yrs into his career when he is topping every season he has played and is above everyone at his position by leaps and bounds not just currently but in the conversation historically at his position but its outlandish. I respect your opinion and everyone else but when I see someone that I deem as special I put it out there. Just like at Georgia I said Gurley is going to be special and I said the Rams are going to draft him at 10 and every Rams fan thought I was crazy. Well not only was I right, but Gurley has shown to be special. Like its not hard to see talent, know what you are looking at and call it like you see it. I see HOF for Donald right now and I am bold enough to say it while others are hesitant but then turn around and say Jimmy G or some young hot shot QB is great only after a season worth of starts or less.

You say that if somebody doesn't agree with him being a HOF player then they don't know football.... seriously? are you asking how that's outlandish? 

I don't think I have read from any posters calling any 4 of those QB's HOF, or you don't know football. There is a difference with what you're doing and people hyping up a young QB

13 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

He is and anyone who thinks he is not doesnt know football.

I've read enough of your content to safely say you know absolutely nothing about anything non-Rams related, and everything about your Rams knowledge is mediocre at absolute best.

Someone brought up Keith Millard - who I would suggest you Google, because I'm certain you do not know about him. It's a very valid comparison, and Millard isn't in the HoF. 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I've read enough of your content to safely say you know absolutely nothing about anything non-Rams related, and everything about your Rams knowledge is mediocre at absolute best.

Someone brought up Keith Millard - who I would suggest you Google, because I'm certain you do not know about him. It's a very valid comparison, and Millard isn't in the HoF. 

It's like you need to perform at a high level for an entire career to be in the Hall of Fame or something. Crazy.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

It's like you need to perform at a high level for an entire career to be in the Hall of Fame or something. Crazy.

You have outliers - your Terrell Davis/Gayle Sayers types - but that's exactly what they are, outliers. Exceptions to the rule. 

Aaron Donald is great, but not to that level of great. 

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I honestly have no idea why Gale Sayers is in the HOF.

I can't say for certain either - never watched him play. This being said, not knocking the Hall for letting him in, those who do speak of him think that he was an incredibly talented player. 

Then again, the HoF isn't about talent, it's about performance.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

You have outliers - your Terrell Davis/Gayle Sayers types - but that's exactly what they are, outliers. Exceptions to the rule. 

Aaron Donald is great, but not to that level of great. 

I think you could debate it.

Donald has been to the Pro Bowl every year he has been in the league, elected to the All-pro first team every year except his rookie year, won DPOY. I think he has been just as dominant as Sayers, Davis in his first 4-5 years in the league.

30 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I can't say for certain either - never watched him play. This being said, not knocking the Hall for letting him in, those who do speak of him think that he was an incredibly talented player. 

Then again, the HoF isn't about talent, it's about performance.

I mean he was a good returner and had a couple of nice seasons but it's a pretty baffling inclusion. Same thing with Lynn Swann, who only played 9 seasons, never had a 1000 yard receiving season, and heck, only made all All-Pro squad once. He averaged just three receptions per game. And before anyone mentions the era he played in, look up Cliff Branch. Same era, more receptions, more receiving yards, more TDs, better peak seasons (including two 1000-yard+ seasons), two more All-Pro years, better Yards/Reception, more longevity, and only one fewer Super Bowl ring. And yet, Branch is absent from the HOF.

Of course, having some questionable players in the HOF isn't really an argument for letting others in. As someone else mentioned in this thread, Sterling Sharpe should/would be in.

26 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean he was a good returner and had a couple of nice seasons but it's a pretty baffling inclusion. Same thing with Lynn Swann, who only played 9 seasons, never had a 1000 yard receiving season, and heck, only made the Pro bowl once. He averaged just three receptions per game.

Of course, having some questionable players in the HOF isn't really an argument for letting others in. As someone else mentioned in this thread, Sterling Sharpe should/would be in.

I can understand the Swann inclusion (not a fan of it, but I get it at least). His Regular Season stats aren't special (John Stallworth was their true #1, IMO) but Swann was the definition of a "big game" performer. His best games were with championships on the line, and he made some spectacular plays in those efforts. 

Nowadays it's not as much of a note, but back then - showing up in those moments was enough.

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I never said I know everything there is to know about football in general. You just formed that opinion yourself which I can respect. As a fan of sports in general Ive talked to football fans, basketball fans, baseball fans, etc... and the different views even on the same agreement its just how the same agreement is looked at is fascinating. So I can take you saying "in your opinion" I know nothing because just like I am not going to get too low by that comment, I dont get too high when others say I am well knowledgeable about such things. Its sports which are debatable. I enjoy debates. 

I can come on here and talk about on "Undisputed" a topic was "Who is better in their prime Zeke or AP?" First thing I thought about was, Zeke has only played in all of 2016, most of 2017, and not even half of 2018. Are we really going to compare that to AP who has his prime fully here and gone? Then I take a step back and say okay, minimum of 30 games is what they are comparing, now we have a debate. Im not going to fully blast them but at the same time I can see why its debatable if you say minimum of 30 games. Point is SPORTS ARE DEBATABLE. This is a debate and yes I said "if anyone doesnt think Donald isnt doesnt know football" its the same thing as when Skip tells Shannon when a question is asked "what do you take away from a certain game" Shannon tells Skip what he thinks then Skip says "we must be watching a different tv". Its not an insult much saying that we see things differently. If someone doesnt think Donald is a HOF'er right now then ok. I am more of the mindset of "what more does he have to prove?". Saying he isnt a HOF'er in my opinion is saying "he has to prove more". If you think thats me not knowing football then ok I can respect that. My eye test says otherwise. When Mike Mayock says "Nelson has a gold jacket in his future" and Nelson didnt even get drafted yet before the NFL Draft in April, does that make him someone who doesnt know football? According to you and other people its yes. Ill say it again, in a society that is quick to call someone great after a handful of starts, its now hesitant to say a guy who has been dominant for years and is clearly head and shoulders above everyone at his position a HOF'er. That baffles me. Not saying there's a right or wrong I am just saying Im crazy for saying Donald is a HOF'er BUT Mahomes is already great (8 career starts). Jimmy G is already great (10 career starts), Dak was anointed as great (2016 season). None of those QBs are even top 3 at their position or even made all-pros or even won offensive player of the year. But again thats just my opinion, hate it or love it. I like these debates in general.

8 hours ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Aaron Donald isn't Sapp/Randle, he's the Lawrence Taylor of DTs.

He dominates in all facets of the game. 

Rams are 6th worst in the league in yards allowed per carry. I remember when Albert Haynesworth was in his prime, you wouldn’t think about running inside. 

Archived