Is Aaron Donald already a HOFer?

NFLExpert49

1 hour ago, I <3 Faulk said:

You say that if somebody doesn't agree with him being a HOF player then they don't know football.... seriously? are you asking how that's outlandish? 

I don't think I have read from any posters calling any 4 of those QB's HOF, or you don't know football. There is a difference with what you're doing and people hyping up a young QB

Its outlandish. I tell my friend all the time when he makes crazy statements like back then he said Kaep is the best QB in football. I told him I know Kaep had a great run but pump the breaks because there is a reason a great draft guy like Mike Mayock said "Kaep will need 3 years before he competes for a starting job". Kaep had alot of work to do. He was a product of Harbaugh rather than himself just being this great QB. I tell my friend that when he makes statements like that he loses credibility to me. Doesnt mean Im actually saying he doesnt know football because if that was the case I wouldnt ever talk football with him because on the flip side, he told me in 2016 there was this guy named Michael Thomas of the Saints thats going to explode on the scene very quickly. I said I dont think he will quickly because the Saints still had Cooks and Snead. He was right and I was wrong. So like I actually truly meant that everyone on here doesnt know football I wouldnt be still on here. It would be a waste of time. I apply the same thing to fantasy football. I talk a even more people about fantasy football then I do on here. Debates about fantasy football is even heavier. Last offseason was a debate between Howard and Gurley in particular with one guy which by the way I still talk too. He was team Howard I was team Gurley. He did everything to prove Howard was going to have a better season than Gurley last year. I said nope. I said we will see Gurley have a 2015 season possibly even better when he finished RB6. I said Howard would finish outside the top 12. We went back and forth all offseason and even when the season was over and Gurley finished the RB1 and Howard finished as the RB14, he still tried to make it seemed like there was a good reason Howard didint finish as a top 10-12 back other than the reasons I mentioned before the season started which was the ineptitude of the offense. Again me and the guy still talk till this day and we still have debates about things but thats what they are debates. Not taking anything seriously when he say I think all Rams players are great. I didnt take anything seriously when actually thought Cutler was really good and wasnt an issue for the Dolphins last season. Its debates and I like them in general. If we all agreed on the same thing then things would be boring lol. 

13 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I never said I know everything there is to know about football in general.

But you did position your opinion as "law" by insinuating that anyone who disagrees with your stance as "knowing nothing about football."

Not going to argue with you on this because I have better things to do, but when your opening statement is that inflammatory towards a differing opinion, you're not going to get a debate - you're going to get arrows shot at you. That isn't just football, or sports; That's in ANYTHING.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

But you did position your opinion as "law" by insinuating that anyone who disagrees with your stance as "knowing nothing about football."

Not going to argue with you on this because I have better things to do, but when your opening statement is that inflammatory towards a differing opinion, you're not going to get a debate - you're going to get arrows shot at you. That isn't just football, or sports; That's in ANYTHING.

Again thats your opinion. When I said the Rams would draft Gurley 10th overall in 2015 and Rams fans said I was crazy I didnt check myself in the mental hospital because maybe I was a little unwell lol. Like come on dude. If I am going to personally attack someone that person will know it, point blank. Just like I have a friend who always you the term "Im going to die" when I ask how she is doing? Doesnt mean she is actually dying lol. Again, if she was she would probably tell me to call 911. So trust me if I was attacking someone for a statement I truly didnt like that person would know it personally. But again Ill respect your opinion for the simple fact that you dont know me personally because if you did you would take anything that seems like an insult loosely because I dont operate that way. I find it ironic though that we gotten to this point and the one thing NOBODY ever asked was, "what do you mean by your comment?". Rather than quick to jump to conclusions which again I can respect because when you dont know something or someone its easy to think of the worst. But thats neither here nor there. 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Again thats your opinion

No, that's not opinion. That's literally what you said. 

15 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

He is and anyone who thinks he is not doesnt know football.

Perhaps you meant it in a manner that was facetious in nature, but - given that NOBODY caught that, including other Rams' fans - it wasn't really interpreted well. 

Might need to work on that.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

No, that's not opinion. That's literally what you said. 

Perhaps you meant it in a manner that was facetious in nature, but - given that NOBODY caught that, including other Rams' fans - it wasn't really interpreted well. 

Might need to work on that.

I agree with that. Maybe I do need to work on that. 

Again though I like these debates. If only the media would have debates like this rather than have segments about the Cowboys in 1,000 different ways. I would love to hear what football players of past and present have to say. I do think this debate is interesting because a guy like Donald is rare and what he has done so far in his career has been incredible. The main thing is now a days with advanced analytics it shines so much on how great Donald is even more. Like actually watching him doesnt do any justice. Once you look at the advance metrics will get you shocked. 

He is if the voters give any credence to advanced stats/metrics, which say that Aaron Donald is the best player in football, period. Too lazy to do the research but I'm pretty sure Donald has had the best season of any defensive player in NFL history. People don't realize how good this guy is.

But based on how players are actually voted into the HOF, no, he needs another few years.

53 minutes ago, showtime said:

Tough question.  I guess he's a hall-of-famer right now.  Is Donald's best season better than JJ Watt's best season?

I don't think so. It's really hard to match up with Watt's 2012 / 2014 seasons. But given what they do isn't exactly the same, I suppose it's open for interpretation. 

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

He is if the voters give any credence to advanced stats/metrics, which say that Aaron Donald is the best player in football, period. Too lazy to do the research but I'm pretty sure Donald has had the best season of any defensive player in NFL history. People don't realize how good this guy is.

But based on how players are actually voted into the HOF, no, he needs another few years.

I want to see the source on that. Not saying it's not true, but LIS in the post above, Watt's 2012 and 2014 are really, really hard to beat and that's not including some other previous amazing seasons that others have had (reggie white 21 sacks in a strike shortened season, for example...where we unfortunately don't have additional data such as TFL and like) 

Just now, Flounch said:

I don't understand why people always want to compare Donald with JJ Watt ? They are not playing the same position. 

Just the pre-eminent defensive players of the last 6 years is all. I agree, what they are doing isn't the same play in, play out, their roles, etc. That's why I said earlier it's open to interpretation. 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Tough question.  I guess he's a hall-of-famer right now.  Is Donald's best season better than JJ Watt's best season?

I guess we'll see how he finishes this year. He already has 8 sacks in 7 games. If he finishes the year with 15-20 sacks and again leading the NFL in overall pressure as a 3T, it would be hard to minimize the significance of that.

Archived