2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

If we aren't going DT in round 1 the guy I want most after watching him for the first time recently is Andy Isabella. He can be a game breaker on offense. I honestly am totally off the idea of Odell Beckham because I would rather have Andy Isabella. When I first made the comment he was a sure fire 1st rounder I thought he measured at the combine 5'10 and change. Turns out it was only 5'8 and change, but I watched his games again and decided F it the kid is a bonfire 1st rounder I don't care if he were 5'5

Plus he’s a local guy!

Right @sdrawkcab321?

42 minutes ago, buno67 said:

No way Bush and White both go top15. If so there is two LBs and two QBs that go. So that’s 4 picks. Add Williams and Bosa both go top 15. That’s 6 picks. Add that fact two OTs will go, Taylor and Dillard that’s 8 picks. Allen will go top10 so that’s 9 picks. One TE will go top15 as well so that’s 10picks. I would say Bradbury will go top15 so that’s 11 picks. 

Now there is potential another QB and Tackle go as well.  So that’s 13 picks. So the Browns could land a stud at 17 or trade up in Oliver is a guy who falls. Or trade down and maybe land another 2nd pick and take the best corner when you pick in the 1st and go best DL and LB in the 2nd rd

I meant trade up for White or stay at 17 and draft Bush. I see how it was misinterpreted and that was bad sentance construction on my part. 

The non dline players I see going top 16 are 2 QB's (maybe 3 if we are really lucky), 1 WR, 1 or 2 OT, 1 CB, and 1 LB so that makes 8-10 non d-linemen also Bosa, Williams, Allen, Oliver, and hopefully Sweat are definitely going top 10. That puts everything past 12-15 a crap shoot imo. That is how I see it but predicting the draft is akin to predicting the weather a year in advance so who knows plus God only knows what happens at the Pro-Days. 

I'm not even sure what direction Dorsey and company will go in after the FA signing. Who are you guys rooting for now? 

Me I'm hoping for White or Bush myself. 

21 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

That vaunted Baltimore defense sure took a ton of shots the last week.

-Eric Weddle
-C.J. Mosley
-Za'Darius Smith
-Terrell Suggs

I like their backup LBs to replace those three moving on especially Matt Judon but that is at the very least a severe dent in their depth.

I'm happy that Suggs is gone. Baltimore was actually smart to not match the hideous contracts that Smith and Mosley received. Mosley is good, but he's being paid like he's the best LB in the league. Now they'll just get a couple of third round comp picks in return, ugh.

18 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Plus he’s a local guy!

Right @sdrawkcab321?

meh could careless if he is local or not. I root for Ohio kids in the NFL but I root for the Browns even more. I hated Brady Quinn and Charlie Frye as prospects. Baker Mayfield, Nick Chubb, Antonio Calloway, Myles Garrett and Larry Ogunjobi aren't local boys and its working out just fine.

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

Probanly top 3 favorite draft prospect ever 🤤 

PAY HIM WHATEVER HE WANTS 😂

Hmm not thanks. He's only played 3 games in 2 years. I wouldn't mind signing him on a low end contract like *forgot poster* said, but he's not a "pay him whatever he wants" player anymore.

31 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Eric Berry ain’t a FA. I don’t want to trade an asset for someone I can just sign. Front load the deal, add intensives. 

I'm assuming the reports I've read about Berry likely being cut after the Honey Badger signing are accurate.

6 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

meh could careless if he is local or not. I root for Ohio kids in the NFL but I root for the Browns even more. I hated Brady Quinn and Charlie Frye as prospects. Baker Mayfield, Nick Chubb, Antonio Calloway, Myles Garrett and Larry Ogunjobi aren't local boys and its working out just fine.

I know. I’m just calling out backy because he hates when someone mentions that a guy is local 😉

6 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Hmm not thanks. He's only played 3 games in 2 years. I wouldn't mind signing him on a low end contract like *forgot poster* said, but he's not a "pay him whatever he wants" player anymore.

Could you not tell that it was a joke? There was even a laughing emoji after it....

😴

42 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I know it won’t happen but I wish we’d go get earl Thomas. Play a nickle 2 FS set with peppers closer to the line. We have the money let’s go get the best defense in the game. 

4-2-5 and just give Peppers the Privilege to free lance with responsibility