2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

55 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Dorsey made 3 key acquisitions by trade last year (Jarvis, Randall, and Tyrod).  I'd love to see him do it again.

I know everyone's talking about OBJ, but give me Gerald McCoy or Lavonte David.

Man I love lavonte david. I would be pumped if we grabbed him.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Who you like and what do you think they’ll cost?

I really like Rodney Gunter still. I think he’s a perfect fit here given his Wilks connections. I don’t know what he’ll end up getting but it won’t be anywhere near Jarrett. Jarrett’s obviously the better player right now but Gunter still had solid production and I think he’s 25. 

Gunter has 4.5 sacks, 9 QB hits and 11 TFL while Jarrett had 6 sacks 16 QB hits and 8 TFL. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I really like Rodney Gunter still. I think he’s a perfect fit here given his Wilks connections. I don’t know what he’ll end up getting but it won’t be anywhere near Jarrett. Jarrett’s obviously the better player right now but Gunter still had solid production and I think he’s 25. 

Gunter has 4.5 sacks, 9 QB hits and 11 TFL while Jarrett had 6 sacks 16 QB hits and 8 TFL. 

Nice, I like it.

I much prefer the solid but not spectacular signings in FA.  Maybe I’m wrong, but I feel like the top dollar guys rarely live up to the contracts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Yeah, @pnies20, I just saw this too and I think it's crazy. You're not getting a solid starting DT right now for 4.5M AAV (a quarter of those suggested Jarrett contracts), let alone a top of the line, pass rushing DT. I mean, I'd prefer to go after McCoy, but there is a reason Jarrett is gonna get paid this offseason.

Gunter won’t be much more than a 1/4. And I’m looking at it more in terms of length of contract and guaranteed money. 

We may pay McCoy 12 mil a year for 2 years but but that’s not an 80 mil contract. Same goes for players like the aforementioned gunter, Sheldon Richardson etc.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Nice, I like it.

I much prefer the solid but not spectacular signings in FA.  Maybe I’m wrong, but I feel like the top dollar guys rarely live up to the contracts.

I agree. I feel like the premier free agents aren’t usually that much better than the next tier down..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I agree. I feel like the premier free agents aren’t usually that much better than the next tier down..

Terrance mit hell 3 for 12 million

Tj carrie 4 for 28 million, mitchell is better more turnovers and less flags. 

If carrie wasnt our healthiest corner he is gone.

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

We need to keep zeitler as long as he is solid, kirksey I like but he can go. 

My main point is we have built the core of our team and we have to keep a few of them, over high priced free agents.

The core that needs to be kept at all cost is Baker Garrett Ogunjobi Ward And who ever becomes the LT

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Ndamukong Suh, Alshon Jeffrey, Calais Campbell

Those are just off the top of my head.

Suh and his massive one year deal?

Campbell signed a decent sized deal, 4/60, but it also has an out after 2 (now) with only 3 million in dead money. That’s a great deal if a top tier guy will sign it.

Jeffrey is the 14th highest paid WR in the league in avg salary.  Not crazy.  Less than the guy we paid just last year at the same position.

I’m not saying we can’t spend on a FA, if be surprised if we didn’t, but I’m not looking to drop 9 figures on one dude. 

Short term big money deals for would be great, but the top guys are gonna price themselves out of my interest most likely.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Rams, Eagles, Jags?

Jags are screwed 4 million over the cap and have to eat a bunch Blake Bortles contract.

Eagles are about 4 million under the cap once feels is off their book, they need to sign Wentz. 

Rams I am not confident in their roster going forward, their line looks old, goff needs to improve. 

I would use them as successful models. 

We need to keep reloading with draft picks and keep the core of the team strong.

Qb

Pass rushers

Oline 

Defensive backs

Receivers

A bunch of that is just staying the course with ajay we have got and getting into some extension early. 

If we hit larry o with a big pay bump we may get Him 25% under market value.