2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

I’ve got a strong feeling there will be 1-2 big time pass rushers available in free agency. Dorsey is smart and will go after 1. I’m thinking Trey Flowers / Frank Clark / Dee Ford.

https://clutchpoints.com/patriots-news-new-england-not-expected-to-use-franchise-tag-on-trey-flowers/

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve got a strong feeling there will be 1-2 big time pass rushers available in free agency. Dorsey is smart and will go after 1. I’m thinking Trey Flowers / Frank Clark / Dee Ford.

https://clutchpoints.com/patriots-news-new-england-not-expected-to-use-franchise-tag-on-trey-flowers/

I would be very happy with any 3 of those FA's. I think if I had to choose it would be Clark, Ford, Flowers in that order. 

8 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I would be very happy with any 3 of those FA's. I think if I had to choose it would be Clark, Ford, Flowers in that order. 

That would be my order too. I would be happy with either Clark or Ford. I’m not a big Flowers fan. He seems like he excelled because of the Pats system

49 minutes ago, buno67 said:

That would be my order too. I would be happy with either Clark or Ford. I’m not a big Flowers fan. He seems like he excelled because of the Pats system

He’s a Justin tuck type of player. His value comes from his versatility, not his raw ability to just “whoop ***.” 

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Isn't Dee Ford a little small to play strong side DE?  I know you can flip flop Myles and Ford on each side from time to time but the majority of the time would have Myles at weak side DE.  This would mean Ford would have to deal with the RT and TE on a lot of occasions.  Am I over thinking this or does everyone think Ford can plat LDE without any issues both stopping the run and getting a pass rush?

Peace!!!

32 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I find it very unlikely that ford Lawrence or Clark see free agency 

I would agree with this statement, but we shall see in the next two weeks.  Today through March 5th marks the time frame for teams to place designated tags on players. 

39 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Yeah Clark is a pipe dream. Seattle has $60m in capspace to work with. No way they part with prolly their best young defensive player IMO. Now I wouldn’t mind the Browns going after Wright tho

4 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I would include Jadeveon Clowney and Grady Jarrett as well.  Teams will find a way to find cap space to keep elite players.

Peace!!!                               

6 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

I would include Jadeveon Clowney and Grady Jarrett as well.  Teams will find a way to find cap space to keep elite players.

Peace!!!                               

th-eggdeluxe.jpg

The more realistic targets would be;

Brandon Graham who is 31 and the Eagles have no wiggle room in the cap as it is right now.

Justin Houston who is rumored to be on the chopping block in KC so they can keep Dee Ford and start locking up Chris Jones, Tyreek Hill and Patrick Mahomes

Trey Flowers going to be the most expensive on this list but New England also doesn't have much cap space to work with

David Irving a guy we would never count on even playing a snap but well worth the risk to sign on a 1 year vet min salary. Has John Dorsey connections. Dominant when on the field. Serious issues off of it, but John Dorsey seems to have a way to get through to these guys.

Gerald McCoy rumored to be on chopping block. No guaranteed money left on his deal so he could potentially be traded for a mid-late rounder as well.

Malik Jackson same situation as McCoy

Christian Covington who is only 25 and has been a great rotational piece in Houston for 4 years. Has a very high pressure rate per snap count. Doesn't play a whole lot behind those studs in Houston but when he does he gets to the QB very well.

Rodney Gunter breakout year last year 27 years old with a one year Wilks connection.

22 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Peace!!!                               

Agreed.

I think its more likely to get guys who are a little bit older yet still versatile in free agency, Gerald McCoy, Ndomukong Suh, Sheldon Richardson at DT and the likes of Brandon Graham at DE while continuing to try and draft players (Jeffery Simmons?) and develope players (Geneard Avery?) to fill those roles.

So I'm interested to see which of the three draft scenarios you guys would be more interested in and why. Pick a number. 

#1.    1. Deandre Baker, CB   2. Kelvin Harmon, WR    3. Germaine Pratt, LB    3. Jaylon Ferguson, DE

#2.    1. DK Metcalf, WR    2. Devin Bush, LB    3. JoeJuan Williams, CB    3. Yodny Cajuste, OT

#3.    1. Christian Wilkins, DT    2. Trayvon Mullen, CB   3. Chase Winovich    3. David Sills V, WR

There’s so much money out there. The teams with top end free agents have money to pay them. I think we’re all going to be disappointed what’s going to be out there. We’ll be lucky to get McCoy or suh on short term deals and other guys who get cut. Those young pass rushers won’t be out there. 

• Like 1