2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

im riding with Carr, he got better as the season progressed with little to work with. Another year with Gruden, in the same system will do him a ton of good. A couple legit weapons wouldn't hurt either. He and Jordy had something going, late in the season. If we can add some outside help, I can see him having a good year next season. 

This teams lacks talent, I would do all I can to build around a guy who has proven he can lead us to the playoffs, until he proves he isn't the man for the job, id stick with him. Some of yall forgot how hard it was to find a DECENT QB, after Gannon. Now we have a guy that was a MVP candidate, and yall wanna get rid of him? His contract will be less of an issue in the upcoming years as well. 

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

im riding with Carr, he got better as the season progressed with little to work with. Another year with Gruden, in the same system will do him a ton of good. A couple legit weapons wouldn't hurt either. He and Jordy had something going, late in the season. If we can add some outside help, I can see him having a good year next season. 

This teams lacks talent, I would do all I can to build around a guy who has proven he can lead us to the playoffs, until he proves he isn't the man for the job, id stick with him. Some of yall forgot how hard it was to find a DECENT QB, after Gannon. Now we have a guy that was a MVP candidate, and yall wanna get rid of him? His contract will be less of an issue in the upcoming years as well. 

That's a big part of it too.

Carr got better, even though his weapons got worse as the year went on.

10 hours ago, true2form said:

I'm very open minded.  I'm just waiting for you or anyone else to tell me the plan.

Get rid of Carr is not a plan. Replace him with someone better is not a plan.

You say trade him for this and then pick up this guy as the replacement and I will listen. 

Everyone focuses on what we can get for Carr and not what to do after that.  I don't buy into the magic replace a solid QB theory. I watched this team struggle for over a decade trying to replace Gannon. The decade between Plunkett and Gannon wasn't quite as bad, but similar results.

I get it. Guys see Goff, Mahommes, and Wentz and think "oh we can just draft our guy".  I don't believe that guy is in this draft though and I'm a Buckeye mind you. Haskins has potential, but he really needed another year to polish his game. 

Until I see an upgrade at the position, I'm going to be happy seeing the rest of the team improved.  

Soooooo much this! My ONLY issue with getting rid of Carr is this. I mean for who? I saw someone bring up Palmer. Well he's gone and they have a newly drafted QB and they are in worst shape than before. Or at least just as bad of shape.

Now on to the o line. I love KO but I think I would try to trade him and move Gabe back to LG where he played his best ball. That or I would ask him to move to tackle if he said no then I'd trade him. Goode came in and we didnt lose much production if any and he cost what a ham sandwich? But if he were to move to Tackle and we keep Goode then 2 holes are filled quickly. And the money he is making turns into a positive. He would be better at LT than Miller and since I'm pretty sure Miller is staying at LT I think he would be a monster at RT.

On 1/22/2019 at 1:04 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

At least get a capable legit back up who can put some pressure on him. Every one knows aj isn’t worth crap

Not if it means spending a valuable day 2 pick. If you want a new qb, go all in. Don't take some flier on day 2. It isn't worth it.

38 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Not if it means spending a valuable day 2 pick. If you want a new qb, go all in. Don't take some flier on day 2. It isn't worth it.

Why over draft?

if Grier is the guy and he last till round 2 then get him round 2

id trade Carr for 1st and next year 2nd

pick up Brett Huntley, teddy bridge water and draft Grier. Let the best man start

8 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

th?id=OIP.f2CVh5z2u50gac8yGDcRlgHaEc&pid

Lol so much can happen between now and the draft he’s eligible in. Maybe he’s already hit his ceiling. Maybe he gets injured the next few years. You can’t project players this far out. 

Also on the flip side what happens if you trade Carr and he lights up the league. I’m not saying it’ll happen but look at how both Cooper and Mack have played well. As of now there is no real guy out there. 

Haskins Murray and Lock are all being pushed up by ththe lack of talent in the draft. Don’t let the offseason workouts fool you in taking a guy not as talented as the other positions. 

12 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

With all due respect what is your point sir?

Just because we aren't favored to make the playoffs next year with Carr is no reason to dump him just yet. Unless you're super down on him, we can win with him if we build around him and give him time in gruden's system. Trade him and you're looking at a 4-5 year rebuild instead of a 2 year one.

Archived