NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I don't know too much about either class depth wise, but I just know most of the draftniks were considering 2019 weak, 2020 decent, at least they did a few months ago.

The 2019 class is pretty weak outside of the top tier of guys. The 2019 recruiting class is pretty meh and the 2020 draft class will probably be one of the weaker classes in recent memory, IMO. 

21 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Meh, I'm not worried about turnovers whatsoever. 

He's only one of three players over the last 5 years to average 5+ TO per game. It's alarming because he has played very poor defenses the entire season, how many is he going to average at the next level?

10 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

OK never watched J Morant for a single game, but does he have enough "game" outside of his freakish athleticisms?? Can he do it all????

Yes, he is basically De'Aaron Fox, probably even a better passer. He is a little too loose with his dribble and passing decisions but those should get better.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He's only one of three players over the last 5 years to average 5+ TO per game. It's alarming because he has played very poor defenses the entire season, how many is he going to average at the next level?

When I watch him it seems like he sleeps walks to 23 and 11 barely even trying. I think it's kinda like Simmons but the opposite. He might get bored because his team is way better than most of the teams he plays and he just tries stuff because it isn't really going to hurt his team.

13 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Yes, he is basically De'Aaron Fox, probably even a better passer. He is a little too loose with his dribble and passing decisions but those should get better.

I just went to youtube to watch some highlight videos. Not a single 3 point attempt in any video. WTH is up with that. Can that man make a freakin outside shot???

25 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I just went to youtube to watch some highlight videos. Not a single 3 point attempt in any video. WTH is up with that. Can that man make a freakin outside shot???

he's making 1.6 per game at 34.3%. And is shooting 43% on 3pters in January. Almost every player that gets drafted needs to be a little better shooter, including Ja. And is shooting 81% from the ft line, which indicates he can become a better shooter.

Edited by 11sanchez11

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

When I watch him it seems like he sleeps walks to 23 and 11 barely even trying. I think it's kinda like Simmons but the opposite. He might get bored because his team is way better than most of the teams he plays and he just tries stuff because it isn't really going to hurt his team.

On the season the defenses he has faced have ranked (according to Kenpom): #201, #233, #78, #219, #221, #132, #129, #74, #46, #273, #242, #345, #271, #302, #322 & two D2 schools that aren't ranked in these ratings. His numbers are impressive but they're definitely inflated and the fact that he turns it over so much against the absolute worst defenses in college basketball is somewhat concerning.