THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

41 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I'm confused. You say it's possible to exploit our offensive line, but in NFL Gen the Browns offensive line is excellent.

?

--Confused in California

It was excellent this year but do you really believe in Greg Robinson, Chris Hubbard, and Desmond Harrison as your future at LT and RT with higher expectations, everyone gunning for you possibly in the playoffs and the franchise QBs health resting on there ability to block elite pass rushers ? I sure as hell don’t. 

23 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

It was excellent this year but do you really believe in Greg Robinson, Chris Hubbard, and Desmond Harrison as your future at LT and RT with higher expectations, everyone gunning for you possibly in the playoffs and the franchise QBs health resting on there ability to block elite pass rushers ? I sure as hell don’t. 

Do you even watch the other 31 teams OT situations? Chris Hubbard is a Top 10 or better RT before the coaching change and for sure after the change.

Desmond Harrison has elite tools. Whether he succeeds or fails is all on his desire. If he wants it he will be darn good. If he doesn't care then he'll be out of the league in 2-3 years. There will be no middle road with him.

I have been harder on Greg Robinson than anyone but I will say he ended the season with his 2 best games of his career by far. At the very worst the loser of the LT battle before Robinson and Harrison is an elite swing man.

There are only 2 ways I would add an OT this offseason.

1. An elite LT is available in Free Agency or falls in the draft to #17.

2. 3rd-5th round to add competition and depth.

I would not reach on an OT in the 1st or even 2nd round because it is clearly not a huge need.

4 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Do you even watch the other 31 teams OT situations? Chris Hubbard is a Top 10 or better RT before the coaching change and for sure after the change.

Desmond Harrison has elite tools. Whether he succeeds or fails is all on his desire. If he wants it he will be darn good. If he doesn't care then he'll be out of the league in 2-3 years. There will be no middle road with him.

I have been harder on Greg Robinson than anyone but I will say he ended the season with his 2 best games of his career by far. At the very worst the loser of the LT battle before Robinson and Harrison is an elite swing man.

I would not reach on an OT in the 1st or even 2nd round because it is clearly not a huge need.

Absolutely agree.

33 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

For all the reasons @TheeRealDeal just posted, yes.

With Corbett hopefully developing into a Pro Bowl C, I kind of like where we are with the OL.

19 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I never argued this. I’m saying we need to add more talent at that position and I don’t trust either of those guys for a whole season. Daryl Williams is a FA and would be a great add and Bobby Evans in the 3rd would be perfect 

40 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I never argued this. I’m saying we need to add more talent at that position and I don’t trust either of those guys for a whole season. Daryl Williams is a FA and would be a great add and Bobby Evans in the 3rd would be perfect 

Williams is hardly an elite LT and wouldn't be worth a big contract. I would stick with what we have.

Bobby Evans is a 6th round talent who will probably end up in the late 4th or 5th in this draft as I don't think it is very good.

The Saints have invested so much on the OL to protect Brees. The same should be done for Baker considering his stature. He has shown like Brees that he can make the skill players around him look better by showing it around and being accurate.

If we had an injury to any of our OL Baker's results may have been a good bit different. Keep adding depth even it these high round picks are on the bench.

Mike McCarthy is a solid to strong Program Leader; however, he is absolute buttcheeks as an offensive play caller.

Give me McCarthy HC and Freddie Ktichens as OC. Hopefully that buys us at least a year before Freddie leaves and McCarthy burns our offense to the ground by making hero calls for Baker to run.

Mike McCarthy in 2016 said he'd never give up play-calling again  after doing so for one season ....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2016/08/04/mike-mccarthy-play-calling-aaron-rodgers-offense-green-bay/88267466/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This all goes beyond just "sour grapes" by Greg Jennings... anyone that really studies the flow and decision-making play calling of Mike McCarthy should know how stale, unimaginative, and nonsensical a lot of his playcalling is....

-- For the love of goodness... please keep Freddie if this is the case ... and then pray we have a young whippersnapper (lol) in the wings that can take the reigns in the event that Freddie departs...

Archived