THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Nah. I like PP but that price is going to be too high. CB isn’t our problem. It’s tackling and playing 10 yards off the ball 

Yeah I don't give a crap who the Head Coach is, the Defensive Coordinator ends up being, or what players we have on the team next year I just want to be the first team ever to hire a Tackling Coach.

52 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Bowles has run a 4-3.

He ran it one year when he was the DC for eagles. 29th scoring, defense gave up the most passing TDs, 23rd worst rush defense, 31st In creating TOS,

his 4/3 scheme excites me /s. His bread and butter is 3/4. Season before Bowles and after him, eagles Def was vastly better. His 4/3 scheme looks pretty garbage on paper

25 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Who cares?

How about someone else who can connect with Mayfield and best utilize his talent?

It’s pretty hard to find a new every couple years. Eagles and vikes both struggled to replace their OCs. SD struggled to find the right guy to connect with River. 

17 minutes ago, buno67 said:

It’s pretty hard to find a new every couple years. Eagles and vikes both struggled to replace their OCs. SD struggled to find the right guy to connect with River. 

To me, when it comes to an OC, it's all about a guy that's willing to adapt his "scheme" to what maximizes his QB's strengths and abilities. I think that's why Kitchens has been successful, he was willing to sit down, with a rookie QB mind you and discuss what works, what doesn't work, and give the QB some input in the game plan. It's the same thing Arians did when he was a coach and OC. With Minnesota, I think there was a combination of both Flip not being what everyone thought he was, They ran the ball a lot less this year, Probably thinking with the upgrade at QB, it would put more points on the board. 

Archived