THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

Anyone watching Riley tonight and thinking..... uh no thanks... ?

i don't blame you if you are.

I mean if Oklahoma didn’t spot them 21 points and Murray didn’t completely suck the first half it would be a game. 

Heck it’s still a game. 

22 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I mean if Oklahoma didn’t spot them 21 points and Murray didn’t completely suck the first half it would be a game. 

Heck it’s still a game. 

Bakers a better QB then Murray and he’d have an actual defense here 

16 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Bakers a better QB then Murray and he’d have an actual defense here 

I think it's getting to the point where it is VERY hard to build a competent college defense with the type of game that is played at the HS level combined with the natural advantages of the college/pro offense and the limitations on practice time.

Ppl can down Lincoln Riley for this but Alabama was just the better team. Imagine Oklahoma with Alabama’s defense. It’s just not fair. If he were to come here he would have a far better QB a far better RB. A far better defense. Right now. Imagine how much better we’ll be after this offseason and draft. Pair Riley with Pagano,Wilks,Bowles,Schwartz or GGG and he’d do just fine. Think big picture here 

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Am I supposed to hold the fact that OK lost to Alabama against him?

Alabama was always the favorite to win that game.  Not sure why anyone would think less of Riley for losing to a significantly more talented team?

Heck it should help that he was able to get his team to respond and kind of make it a game in the 2nd half. When Bama jumped out to that huge lead, I thought they might just roll over.

18 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Heck it should help that he was able to get his team to respond and kind of make it a game in the 2nd half. When Bama jumped out to that huge lead, I thought they might just roll over.

Yeah he kept their heads in it and kept them competing.

He’s still my top option right now.  I’d love to see him as our HC with Freddie running the offense and Bowles running the D.

50 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah he kept their heads in it and kept them competing.

He’s still my top option right now.  I’d love to see him as our HC with Freddie running the offense and Bowles running the D.

Would like Freddie but would want him to build the staff he likes. If Riley is hired and Freddie is kept, Baker prolly spoke extremely high of Freddie and sold him to Riley. 

27 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Would like Freddie but would want him to build the staff he likes. If Riley is hired and Freddie is kept, Baker prolly spoke extremely high of Freddie and sold him to Riley. 

I’d imagine Freddie would be an easy sell if their (Baker and Freddie) relationship is as good as everyone says.

Freddie could help Riley transition to the pro game by allowing Riley to focus on being the HC. Obviously Riley would want to implement some of his stuff, but that should be easy as Baker already knows it.

I can’t think of a better situation for Baker than having two young, creative offensive minds that Baker works well with and likes.

Archived