THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

3 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I can’t see how we hire Gase especially with the fallout he and Jarvis had

Yeah i forgot about that. I remember him having issues with management not giving him a new deal. Landry had no issue complaining about Gase when he came to the Browns. 

Again, A good Coordinator does not necessarily make a good Head Coach.

Freddie Kitchens has proven to be a good OC within a small sample size, but off the strength of his OC performance alone he does not necessarily deserve a Head Coach interview.

The NFL's one track mindset of promoting OCs or DCs to HC assuming that they'll make good HCs often misses out on great teachers and CEO types that have primarily served as position coaches, quality control coaches, and/or special teams coordinators.

Our next HC hire needs to accomplish the following 2 things imo:

1.) Maintain shortterm continuity of our OC (and possibly other coaches) to continue the football progression of our young players.

2.) Be a longterm solution CEO leader of the organization with the ability to hold players accountable, inspire men to give next level commitment, and be at the cutting edge of coaching philosophy, player/coach management & development.

----------

Josh Mcdaniels  nor does Adam Gase accomplishes that

I think when it's all said and done it comes down to Mike Munchak, Gregg Williams, Pat Fitzgerald, and Dave Toub.

6 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Again, A good Coordinator does not necessarily make a good Head Coach.

Freddie Kitchens has proven to be a good OC within a small sample size, but off the strength of his OC performance alone he does not necessarily deserve a Head Coach interview.

The NFL's one track mindset of promoting OCs or DCs to HC assuming that they'll make good HCs often misses out on great teachers and CEO types that have primarily served as position coaches, quality control coaches, and/or special teams coordinators.

Our next HC hire needs to accomplish the following 2 things imo:

1.) Maintain shortterm continuity of our OC (and possibly other coaches) to continue the football progression of our young players.

2.) Be a longterm solution CEO leader of the organization with the ability to hold players accountable, inspire men to give next level commitment, and be at the cutting edge of coaching philosophy, player/coach management & development.

----------

Josh Mcdaniels  nor does Adam Gase accomplishes that

I think when it's all said and done it comes down to Mike Munchak, Gregg Williams, Pat Fitzgerald, and Dave Toub.

Not sure I agree with all of this, but I am completely with you on McDaniels and Gase.  I don't see how they fit here at all.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, I see his point but tbh it seems like Gase knew his skill set pretty well.

Yeah, from a football standpoint, I see what Gase was doing, and I have no problem with it.  No doubt that Jarvis has some diva in him (he's a WR after all), but I'd still find it hard to believe that Buddy Boy would hire Gase after this.  I actually think Gase is a good X's and O's coach, but I'm not sure about his leadership abilities.

Honestly, I think Miami will keep him anyway.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Which is odd as it seems as if Gase force fed him the ball.

Well going back and reading it, he didn’t like it that he was forced feed only short stuff and it got him labeled as a guy who can only do certain things. Believe he said he hated the route tree he was given. It was a debate here if Landry could even be used as a down the field WR

Archived