THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

I am 100% Team Gregg Williams now. I was wanting Gregg Williams before but the Freddie Kitchens hype from the fans was making me think more about him. It is fun to be exciting for Freddie and I want him back obviously, but I just think Gregg Williams is a far better HC prospect. I know he is a much better motivator and disciplinarian. There are so many young players on this team trending upward right now and getting better every single week I feel like any HC hire is other than Gregg is just going to be another set back. 

38 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I am 100% Team Gregg Williams now. I was wanting Gregg Williams before but the Freddie Kitchens hype from the fans was making me think more about him. It is fun to be exciting for Freddie and I want him back obviously, but I just think Gregg Williams is a far better HC prospect. I know he is a much better motivator and disciplinarian. There are so many young players on this team trending upward right now and getting better every single week I feel like any HC hire is other than Gregg is just going to be another set back. 

Keeping Gregg Williams means losing Freddie Kitchens in either 2019 or 2020 because he will get offered a HC job somewhere if this keeps up. I think however we can tie Freddie Kitchens to Baker Mayfield for the long term, do that. I would much rather make Kitchens the HC to ensure we dont lose him and then hire somebody like Chuck Pagano as DC if he doesnt get a HC offer elsewhere. 

Kitchens (if this keeps up) is going to be next years Matt Nagy in coaching searches. I would put whatever plan in place that needs to happen to make sure he is on this coaching staff beyond 2019

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Keeping Gregg Williams means losing Freddie Kitchens in either 2019 or 2020 because he will get offered a HC job somewhere if this keeps up. I think however we can tie Freddie Kitchens to Baker Mayfield for the long term, do that. I would much rather make Kitchens the HC to ensure we dont lose him and then hire somebody like Chuck Pagano as DC if he doesnt get a HC offer elsewhere. 

Kitchens (if this keeps up) is going to be next years Matt Nagy in coaching searches. I would put whatever plan in place that needs to happen to make sure he is on this coaching staff beyond 2019

Don't care.

I'll take my chances on Gregg. I think he is a better HC so why would I be worried about losing Freddie? Every good organization loses OC's and DC's every year and typically they stay at the top. I believe Gregg and Baker can keep us at the top.

3 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Baker and Greg’s personalities are just perfect together.

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

I would put it point blank to Gregg. This is your team but if Kitchens gets a HC offer we’re bumping him up and you’ll go back to DC. We can block it somehow and if gregg loves this team as much as he says he does he’ll do it. 

thats how a FO completely destroys a coaching staff and team...

4 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

We have  no idea if kitchen is a better or worse motivator and disciplinarian compared to Gregg. how do we know? We dont see them in meetings, we  dont see them in walk throughs or installs. Hell just like Gregg, Kitchen has called out the offense for mistakes even tho the offense looked pretty good during the game but still reamed them for not being perfect. All we know is kitchen holds the offense to a higher standard than what Haley did and what Hue did.

We have no idea what kind of a prospect Kitchen will be but he has looked pretty darn good so far and has gained a lot of respect from the offensive player. We already know what Gregg is as a HC from previous. I dont think he is going to be the same HC but it is at least something to go off of. I would say Kitchens' unknown makes him more of a prospect of a HC than Gregg.

Why would be a set back if Gregg isnt hired on? Because Gregg has been good cleaning up Hue's mess? I think a lot of coaches could have looked good coming in and following Hue. If Gregg was truly this great of a coach, he would of had a better outcome withthe Bills or at least had another shot at being a HC sooner rather than later.

A lot of people want to Crown Gregg or Kitchens because of what we see on Sundays. Heck, I think the game aspect of the job is prolly the easiest aspect of the job

The Browns need to just interview all the candidates they can or all the ones they like, turn every stone and make the best decision. If Gregg or Kitchen comes out on top after that, ill be confident they got it right. If they come out Monday after the game and saying announce Gregg or Kitchens is the HC, ill be disappointed

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Don't care.

I'll take my chances on Gregg. I think he is a better HC so why would I be worried about losing Freddie? Every good organization loses OC's and DC's every year and typically they stay at the top. I believe Gregg and Baker can keep us at the top.

Because Freddie Kitchens is a huge reason why the Browns have the 2nd highest rated offense in the NFL since week 9  (according to PFF) behind the Cheifs. You realize the vast majority of offseason hires for HC are former OCs and DCs.....like....Greg Williams lol. Freddie makes this offense go with Baker, not Gregg Williams.

Don’t get hooked people. 

2 main reasons we’ve improved?

1) no mo hue. 

2) the offense has improved DRAMATICALLY!

The defense is still ranked in the bottom half. I’ve seen some improvement, but could it be because his son took over play calling?  Hmmmm 🤷🏼‍♂️

27 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Holy ******* ****.

I can see what @TheeRealDeal is sold on. 

I have listened to Gregg Williams speak in person on numerous occasions. That clip was mild by comparison. Gregg Williams is passionate about football obviously but he is also passionate about intimidation and motivation. I have been in the room with a lot of great football coaches and I guarantee that if no one knew names or "resumes" of coaches that Gregg Williams would be the guy the vast majority would choose to follow. 

15 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Don’t get hooked people. 

2 main reasons we’ve improved?

1) no mo hue. 

2) the offense has improved DRAMATICALLY!

The defense is still ranked in the bottom half. I’ve seen some improvement, but could it be because his son took over play calling?  Hmmmm 🤷🏼‍♂️

The defense is playing with too many scrubs right now and if you haven't noticed they defense has been completely different in personnel usage and where said personnel is lining up. Guys have had their roles changed. Gregg is never going to sit on his hands if something is not working. We have at least 4 games playing at their peak right now which is a sign of great coaching. Larry Ogunjobi has been playing with a torn freaking bicep. Trevon Coley, Tanner Vallejo, Anthony Zettel and Brian Price are JV level talents. They should be deep reserves not starters and backups getting a good amount of reps. Terrance Mitchell was extremely rusty in his first two games back but he will be fine either. We are currently playing entire football games with 4 NFL level talents 1 of which has a torn bicep and 1 is an NFL level back up playing a role he has never played before in his career and making an impact 3 weeks in a row in that role.

The defense has improved greatly whether you want to believe it or not.

Ya'll have your favorite and that is fine. I like Kitchen too, but if my money were on the line, if I were GM; my ride or die is Gregg Williams.

Archived