THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

1 hour ago, Here'sJim said:

Not all the coaches we are linked to but:

Gregg Williams - Browns IHC/DC - interviewed Jan 1. 
- Jim Caldwell - former Lions HC - interviewed Jan 2 
- Kevin Stefanski - Vikings OC - interviewed Jan 3 
- Dan Campbell - Saints TEc - interviewed Jan 4 
- Brian Flores - Patriots DC - interviews Jan 5

-Matt Eberflus- Colts Defensive Coordinator Jan 6

-Mike McCarthy - former Packers HC - interviews next week
- Freddie Kitchens - Browns AHC/OC - interviews next week -- also, Dorsey denying other teams to interview him as OC. 

These are ones that haven't happened, but we either requested for them or we are linked:

- Mike Munchak - Steelers OLc 

- Nick Sirianni - Colts OC 

-Dennis Allen- Saints Assistant

-Bruce Arians??? Unlikely though

Vegas has McDaniels as the favorite:

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/01/04/cleveland-browns-josh-mcdaniels-dan-campbell-betting-favorites-for-hc/

I think schematically, McDaniels could work magic with Baker. His system doesn’t put a lot of pressure on the o-line and he lets Brady do what he wants to. I’d love a coach that lets Baker do what he’s comfortable with.

His scheme also tries to be balanced.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think schematically, McDaniels could work magic with Baker. His system doesn’t put a lot of pressure on the o-line and he lets Brady do what he wants to. I’d love a coach that lets Baker do what he’s comfortable with.

He’s also super stubborn and has the personality of plywood. Plus I think it’s going to be hard to get ppl to follow him because of his history 

I see all sorts of people praising Eberflus' defense across social media.

That's great and all, but I honestly couldn't care less about his defensive scheme and how effective it is.

...How is this guy as a LEADER? Does he inspire? Does he cater to the strengths/weaknesses of his roster? I'm not looking for elite playcalling here...find me some REAL head coaching material!

8 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

That's great and all, but I honestly couldn't care less about his defensive scheme and how effective it is.

...How is this guy as a LEADER? Does he inspire? Does he cater to the strengths/weaknesses of his roster? I'm not looking for elite playcalling here...find me some REAL head coaching material!

His roster was a mismatch of 3-4 and 4-3 personnel when he got there and made it fit by playing to his players strengths. Which is a massive upgrade from greggg and his 40 yard off the ball defense. 

45 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Scheme has never been McDaniels issue. It’s his personality and decision making. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

His roster was a mismatch of 3-4 and 4-3 personnel when he got there and made it fit by playing to his players strengths. Which is a massive upgrade from greggg and his 40 yard off the ball defense. 

You're not gonna sell me on a head coaching candidate by telling me what he did with his scheme. He seems like an awesome DC, I think this has been established.

I want to hear one of those stories where players talk about how Eberflus took them under their wing and changed their perspective or something. Where are the mushy hallmark stories like the time Baker Mayfield drove Dede Westbrook to practice every morning at 5 am, or the time Baker Mayfield told David Griffin to "Get me JR Smith" so he could turn him into the key cog that won the Cavs their championship in 2016 alongside his sidekick, LeBron James...the list just goes on and I haven't heard a one instance from a Mr. Matt Eberflus. Someone do the research for me

5 hours ago, Here'sJim said:

Not all the coaches we are linked to but:

Gregg Williams - Browns IHC/DC - interviewed Jan 1. 
- Jim Caldwell - former Lions HC - interviewed Jan 2 
- Kevin Stefanski - Vikings OC - interviewed Jan 3 
- Dan Campbell - Saints TEc - interviewed Jan 4 
- Brian Flores - Patriots DC - interviews Jan 5

-Matt Eberflus- Colts Defensive Coordinator Jan 6

-Mike McCarthy - former Packers HC - interviews next week
- Freddie Kitchens - Browns AHC/OC - interviews next week -- also, Dorsey denying other teams to interview him as OC. 

These are ones that haven't happened, but we either requested for them or we are linked:

- Mike Munchak - Steelers OLc 

- Nick Sirianni - Colts OC 

-Dennis Allen- Saints Assistant

-Bruce Arians??? Unlikely though

-Josh McDaniels- Patriots OC

Appreciate you for doing this.

Good stuff.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

This!

Just now, bruceb said:

Could be a trap set to snare McCarthy.

Still have a nagging concern that Dorsey will default to who he knows best.

Sounding more and more like the Jets won't let him escape New York. 

They've grounded all of their team mascots so McCarthy has no ride out of the city unless he doesn't mind taking an Amtrak.

Archived