You Hear It First: Hip Hop & R&B

pwny

You were named after a candy,
I was named after a gangster

This maybe the clearest example of the half-baked, under thought corny lyrics the whole song was full of. There's virtually no depth to anything in the song, aside from the point where he slips in a random counting exercise of 5, 6, 7, 8. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

When has an established top 10 guy of all time diss a bunch of rappers that grew up influenced by his music? 

Dude simply showed some respect. And i gotta laugh at the ones who are calling MGK corny in his response. We gonna act like Em doesn’t have corny bars?

Not a top 10 rapper all time, but are you familiar with when Eminem was dissed by Everlast from House of Pain (an MC he was a fan of and looked up to much like MGK did to Em)?  That was similar in some regards.

I’m not a fan of MGK at all and his response was rather lackluster IMO.  I got no problems with him responding tho.  This is hip hop.  If you have any respect for the game, you have to.  Not sure poking the bear is wise here but you gotta stand up for yourself.  But he’s about to get eviscerated.  LoL

Edited by thrILL!
Autocorrect is a mumble rap fan

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

Not a top 10 rapper all time, but are you familiar with when Eminem was dissed by Everlast from House of Pain (an MC he was a fan of and looked up to much like MGK did to Em)?  That was similar in some regards.

I’m not a fan of MGK at all and his response was rather lackluster IMO.  I got no problems with him responding tho.  This is hip hop.  If you have any respect for the game, you have to.  Not sure poking the bear is wise here but you gotta stand up for yourself.  But he’s about to get eviscerated.  LoL

He knows he's about to get obliterated. His last album got buried after Chester from Linkin Park died when they were scheduled to tour.

Dude probably hasn't seen his google numbers bounce like this since Wild Boy. Maybe I just view it differently, I thought his response was very well prepared. He addresses several things about Eminem that needed to be said. "The big bad bully of the rap game can't take a ****** joke". 

Better than these mumblers posting a tweet saying "yay i got mentioned by Em"

16 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Maybe I just view it differently, I thought his response was very well prepared. He addresses several things about Eminem that needed to be said. "The big bad bully of the rap game can't take a ****** joke". 

You don’t mention ppl’s family tho. Esp not their children.  You sure as hell don’t call the man’s daughter (who was a minor!) hot and say you’d tap that.  James Gunn joking much?

11 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

You don’t mention ppl’s family tho. Esp not their children.  You sure as hell don’t call the man’s daughter (who was a minor!) hot and say you’d tap that.  James Gunn joking much?

"Pictures of [Hailie] had came out, and I’m like, what, 20 years old, 21 at the time? I said, ‘She’s beautiful, but all respect due, Eminem is king.’ What’s wrong with that? Is there a 15-year age gap where I’m a creep for that? I was 21, dawg," he told Hot 97. "Certain people won’t even listen or review [my album]. Certain places, you won’t even hear Machine Gun Kelly on. Certain things won’t even happen." - MGK in 2015. 3 years after original tweet.

Young and dumb. Kinda reminds me of how everyone said Eminem was a bigot and homophobe in the 2000s when he was poppin. He apologized, said he was wrong.. but here we are in 2018 and Rosenberg is still editing f****t out of his records? Okay.

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

You right, Eminem is especially good at avoiding mentioning other peoples families, especially minors, all while being not corny AT ALL.

Shady lookin like a hypocrite

Edited by Cheesehawk

14 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

MGKs response was pretty good. I like that he got personal. It's definitely worthy of a response. 

That being said, Eminem is a much better MC than MGK, and should be able to eat him up. 

He should but this should at least create a little bit of a rivalry. 

Just thought it was stupid that Em drops a diss and than G-Easy follows. It’s like he wanted to piggy back on Em. Like anyone who googles Eminem MGK Diss they will see G-easys diss becuase of “MGK diss” being in searches

3 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

You right, Eminem is especially good at avoiding mentioning other peoples families, especially minors, all while being not corny AT ALL.

Shady lookin like a hypocrite

I’m not saying Eminem hasn’t been a hot mess or a hypocrite.  I’m talking about dealing with other MCs.  Battle rap protocol. Are you new to rap beefs?  Bcuz you’re bringing up Nick Lachey.  

32 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I’m not saying Eminem hasn’t been a hot mess or a hypocrite.  I’m talking about dealing with other MCs.  Battle rap protocol. Are you new to rap beefs?  Bcuz you’re bringing up Nick Lachey.  

Who tf brought up Nick Lachey? And am i new to rap beefs? Lol

13 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Who tf brought up Nick Lachey? And am i new to rap beefs? Lol

I was kidding.  You referenced Em mentioning family members and the song you posted as an example had Em talking about Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey.  Never cared for that song so I don’t know it well. 

23 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I was kidding.  You referenced Em mentioning family members and the song you posted as an example had Em talking about Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey.  Never cared for that song so I don’t know it well. 

I got you. Didn't connect the dots there. All I'm saying is Em made a song, Mary Kate Olsen was mentioned in the context, the song was recorded a month before her 18th birthday and released several months after. That's a calculated move by Em to stay relevant and controversial. 

• Like 1