You Hear It First: Hip Hop & R&B

pwny

26 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Haven't gotten a chance to listen to the whole thing yet, but I will say, what I have heeard of Kamikaze has been impressive.

Em finally showing some flow on this album. That track with Joyner is heat

I listened to it this morning, it was cool. I probably didn't like about 3-4 songs but everything else was great. I probably won't buy it tho, I don't see it as anything I'd want to hear over and over again.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm shocked.  Eminem hasn't made a great album since The Eminem Show, iMO.  What has that been.... about 15 years?  I'm listening to Kamikaze and so far this is really good.

Disagree. Encore was a great album, IMO. And Recovery wasn't far off either. More commercial, but still a very good album. 

2 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Disagree. Encore was a great album, IMO. And Recovery wasn't far off either. More commercial, but still a very good album. 

Those albums were decent at best, IMO, but I don't like either of them.  Revival was terrible.  It's insane he was putting stuff like Revival out when he had the ability to put out something great like Kamikaze the whole time.

20 minutes ago, showtime said:

Those albums were decent at best, IMO, but I don't like either of them.  Revival was terrible.  It's insane he was putting stuff like Revival out when he had the ability to put out something great like Kamikaze the whole time.

I can respect that. Revival was horrible.

31 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

I'm glad he went in on mumble rap but why's Em givin shine to guys like xan and pump? It's better to just let them bury themselves, it will be over soon enough for that horrible genre.

It needed to be said and Em is pretty much universally respected.  Loved his line about mumble rap on Caterpillar but this is even better.  

How’s the production on Kamikaze?  That’s been one of my biggest complaints about Em.  He’s a mediocre producer at best.  He needs an infusion of talent behind the boards.  It blows my mind that Alchemist is his DJ but he doesn’t fill his albums with Al’s beats.  Dude is the best in the game.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Had no idea about the album and it’s great. Goes to show Em can still body pretty much anybody on a verse. Never knew he had any beef with MGK or Tyler the Creator though. Nice to see him give props to Hopsin and Joyner Lucas by putting him on a song.

The MGK beef is hilarious. Shortly after Wild Boy hit Kells was on Shade 45 said something along the lines of how Halie is bad and he would smash