You Hear It First: Hip Hop & R&B

pwny

rap beef/diss tracks (i hate even calling it that because it sounds so ridiculous) is impossible not to look cringey af. you're grown men rhyming on beats for a living, right? you're a couple celebrities making obviously empty threats and throwing around a couple cheesy roasts that nobody gives af about.. because again.. you're grown men doing this lol. i know it's marketing and staying relevant, but stooping to engaging in rap beef kinda invalidates you imo. save that **** for dork "youtubers" and their audience of 12-15 year olds. i don't get it man. 

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

People actually listen to them?

man their earlier stuff was pretty good imo. in the past like 2 years they've kinda regressed into the cookie cutter soundcloud style (especially on this album, it was really disappointing imo), but on the early releases they were doing some nice and kinda unique **** at the time. there's a lot of cringey lines like bad 90s rock level bad lines, but the instumentals and the way ruby flows makes them a pretty interesting group to keep tabs on i think. know only a couple in here even slightly **** w/ that subgenre of rap tho. i can definitely understand grown folks not feeling the overdramatic lyrics and ****

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

man their earlier stuff was pretty good imo. in the past like 2 years they've kinda regressed into the cookie cutter soundcloud style (especially on this album, it was really disappointing imo), but on the early releases they were doing some nice and kinda unique **** at the time. there's a lot of cringey lines like bad 90s rock level bad lines, but the instumentals and the way ruby flows makes them a pretty interesting group to keep tabs on i think. know only a couple in here even slightly **** w/ that subgenre of rap tho. i can definitely understand grown folks not feeling the overdramatic lyrics and ****

I like their old stuff a lot 

• Like 1