You Hear It First: Hip Hop & R&B

pwny

11 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I don't get the Joe Budden and Royce being super lyrical and wordsmiths thing. I have only heard a little of their work but I have never heard that. The few songs I do like from either is either because of the personality, beat, or story telling.   

Royce is def an elite lyricist. He’s the total package- wordplay, punchlines, similes/metaphors, storytelling and can put together complete songs.  Joe?  I never got the fuss.

Edited by thrILL!
Autocorrect is a mumble rap fan
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I don't get the Joe Budden and Royce being super lyrical and wordsmiths thing. I have only heard a little of their work but I have never heard that. The few songs I do like from either is either because of the personality, beat, or story telling.   

Royce is better than Eminem.  Budden is dope too, I think he's also probably bar for bar better as well.  Listen to Mood Muzik's.

47 minutes ago, showtime said:

Honestly, I'm kind of disappointed after hearing Em's diss.  I didn't think it was that good.

I don't even like MGK at all, but his diss is better.

I just dont see it. Eminem's diss was way more creative than MGKs. Like, way, way more. The problem with Em is you have to decipher his verse a bit where as MGK it's simple as ****.

That being said, Em came with a lyrical onslaught. People are going to underrate it becaus they put Em on this god like level, but the fact is- his diss was really good. Perhaps not upto the standard the people set, but certainly a hell of a lot more creative and lyrical than MGKs verse. 

6 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

I just dont see it. Eminem's diss was way more creative than MGKs. Like, way, way more. The problem with Em is you have to decipher his verse a bit where as MGK it's simple as ****.

That being said, Em came with a lyrical onslaught. People are going to underrate it becaus they put Em on this god like level, but the fact is- his diss was really good. Perhaps not upto the standard the people set, but certainly a hell of a lot more creative and lyrical than MGKs verse. 

Nobody is as creative as Eminem is.  That doesn't matter in diss tracks, though.  You say MGK's diss is simple, but he went right at Em hard.  No subliminal and he said quite a few things that were actually true.

EDIT:  The funny part about the MGK diss - He said that Em black balled him from coming to Shade 45 and all this other petty stuff.  Most people were saying, there's no way that stuff is true.  Then when Em did the interview with Sway... Em confirmed it is true lol.  Sway even said during the interview that he personally invited MGK to Shade 45 and that he got word that he's not allowed to invite MGK because Em was mad at him lol

I don't care about creativity in diss songs.  Pusha T's diss to Drake wasn't super creative, he just went at Drake very hard and the lyrics and rhyme schemes were basic.  That's what a diss is about.  MGK delivered better.

But yea, you make a good point.  Eminem is God like, so the diss needs to be God like and it's nowhere near that.  It is a good diss, I agree with that.  And if it came from a rapper of MGK's caliber that would be cool.  But coming from Eminem.... It's not that great imo.

Anyone who says MGK's diss is weak is a Eminem stan, it's that simple.  I'm not directing that at you, just saying in general.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

Nobody is as creative as Eminem is.  That doesn't matter in diss tracks, though.  You say MGK's diss is simple, but he went right at Em hard.  No subliminal and he said quite a few things that were actually true.

EDIT:  The funny part about the MGK diss - He said that Em black balled him from coming to Shade 45 and all this other petty stuff.  Most people were saying, there's no way that stuff is true.  Then when Em did the interview with Sway... Em confirmed it is true lol.  Sway even said during the interview that he personally invited MGK to Shade 45 and that he got word that he's not allowed to invite MGK because Em was mad at him lol

I don't care about creativity in diss songs.  Pusha T's diss to Drake wasn't super creative, he just went at Drake very hard and the lyrics and rhyme schemes were basic.  That's what a diss is about.  MGK delivered better.

But yea, you make a good point.  Eminem is God like, so the diss needs to be God like and it's nowhere near that.  It is a good diss, I agree with that.  And if it came from a rapper of MGK's caliber that would be cool.  But coming from Eminem.... It's not that great imo.

Anyone who says MGK's diss is weak is a Eminem stan, it's that simple.  I'm not directing that at you, just saying in general.

I guess if you're going to neglect lyricism and creativity in a diss, then you can spin it anyway you want, but Em flipped everything MGK had to say and got personal with him. Music is subjective, though, so everyone's going to have their own opinion. 

And I did like MGKs diss, but I saw the forecast when he dropped it, and it played out how I expected it to.

Just now, WizeGuy said:

I guess if you're going to neglect lyricism and creativity in a diss, then you can spin it anyway you want, but Em flipped everything MGK had to say and got personal with him. Music is subjective, though, so everyone's going to have their own opinion. 

And I did like MGKs diss, but I saw the forecast when he dropped it, and it played out how I expected it to.

The crazy thing to me is that Eminem responded to MGK.  To me that shows the diss was worthy enough for Eminem to make an entire song dedicated to him.  I've never seen anyone go at Em the way MGK did.  Very disrespectful and blunt.

I don't like MGK at all, but I earned a ton of respect for him after this bout with Eminem.

Tupac's diss 'Hit Em Up' wasn't some lyrical genius.  The song was just raw as hell.  And that is considered the greatest diss track of all-time by a lot of people.  For how highly regarded Eminem is, this diss was pretty weak, imo.

Like to me, MGK is a nobody and he went Tupac style (really raw and hard).  Not saying this song is anywhere near 'Hit Em Up', but it's the same type of strategy.  Same with Pusha's diss.