You Hear It First: Hip Hop & R&B

pwny

8 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I thought the Cudi album was underwhelming I like Cudi, but it felt more Ye (and not the good Ye) than it did Cudi. 

Maybe it will be better on a 2nd listen but I don’t know. Makes me nervous Kanye and Nas won’t be a good combo. 

nah. this **** is the best kanye since mbdtf. best cudi since... i dunno... motm2? 

• Like 2

On 6/8/2018 at 10:50 AM, iknowcool said:

I thought the Cudi album was underwhelming I like Cudi, but it felt more Ye (and not the good Ye) than it did Cudi. 

Maybe it will be better on a 2nd listen but I don’t know. Makes me nervous Kanye and Nas won’t be a good combo. 

Ya I unfortunately agree with this. It felt like a Kanye album with some Cudi features. None of the songs really jumped out to me outside of Reborn (as far as an actual Cudi song....4th Dimension is dope but more Ye influenced). 

1 hour ago, animaltested said:

Whack World

that was weird. was like if kpop, glee (the tv show), and hip hop combined to make a baby (well a couple of the middle tracks at least).

edit: ok, the last 5 minutes (which is about 5 songs) is a little more traditional rap/R&B sounding.

was an interesting album

Edited by 11sanchez11

like some of the dude's stuff. crazy what's going on w/ a lot of the big dudes to come up off soundcloud in the past ~2/3 years 

****. rough stuff. liked the direction he was going away from the hype **** & onto the more somber stuff. 

Edited by jfinley88

15 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

I feel for his family but I'm not into the garbage music he made. Sorry.

he made some solid stuff tho... a lot of radio rock level cheesiness in the lyrics, but some solid tunes. most of which i think is probably more under the rock umbrella than the rap one. this was probably my favorite xxx track. he was 15 when he did this. 

I hope this doesn't come across as insensitive, but this seemed like the inevitable ending for xxx. He was largely inviting that type of thing to come into his life, and it tragically caught up with him.