You Hear It First: Hip Hop & R&B

pwny

didn't know rejjie snow had so much unreleased music got damn. i like most of his stuff. Dear Annie that album he dropped earlier in the year is a top 3 album so far in 2018 imo. way more refined/less lofi than these tracks. i prefer his older joints though. 

• Like 1

I actually vibe with the new Ye album and I haven’t liked much of his work since Dark Fantasy. 

It’s a tale of a bi-polar individual and I think he embodies that by starting with a track about having dark thoughts. Track 3 is pretty much a middle finger to societal standards and saying he does what he wants, and Track 4 turns around and pretty much apologizes to Kim for Track 3. 

Ghost Town and Violent Crimes are also very nice. I’ve been spinning 6/7 of the tracks since it came out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packerrfan74 said:

Gonna be a big year for Russ. He's been putting out some fire summer jams. 

That collab with Jessie Reyez is sweet. 

But maybe that’s because I love Jessie. 

On 6/4/2018 at 7:38 PM, jfinley88 said:

didn't know rejjie snow had so much unreleased music got damn. i like most of his stuff. Dear Annie that album he dropped earlier in the year is a top 3 album so far in 2018 imo. way more refined/less lofi than these tracks. i prefer his older joints though. 

Love finding new music, good post dude. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SoS said:

Love finding new music, good post dude. 

that guy stopped putting out music right as he was starting to get a following, but now he's back on it. he dropped this tape back when he was like 17. last track on there is like a top 10 rap song imo. like his new **** too, but it's definitely way more mainstream/pop-rap sounding. still **** w/ it though. 

if you're looking for some other more low key guys though peep some of nickelus f, jonwayne, billy woods, & cities aviv stuff too imo

3 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

that guy stopped putting out music right as he was starting to get a following, but now he's back on it. he dropped this tape back when he was like 17. last track on there is like a top 10 rap song imo. like his new **** too, but it's definitely way more mainstream/pop-rap sounding. still **** w/ it though. 

if you're looking for some other more low key guys though peep some of nickelus f, jonwayne, billy woods, & cities aviv stuff too imo

Good looks, will do. 

I’ve just been running through Dear Annie. 

I thought the Cudi album was underwhelming I like Cudi, but it felt more Ye (and not the good Ye) than it did Cudi. 

Maybe it will be better on a 2nd listen but I don’t know. Makes me nervous Kanye and Nas won’t be a good combo. 

Edited by iknowcool