You Hear It First: Hip Hop & R&B

pwny

Drake need to stop worrying about Ross and the Weenknd. Ain’t no one want to hear any slander towards them. Spent to much time attacking them on Family Matters. Focus on Kendrick cause that man is just focusing on you. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Family Business” like the multiple writers for his verses, right?  The ones he’s reading off his phone in the booth. 

“this **** gotta be over by now for anyone out here calling it right” 

lol the irony. And of course Drake goes autotune heavy lol such a herb.

Meet The Grahams” my goodness r.i.p Aubs

Kendrick over an ominous track that sounded like Alchemist. And delivered every single nail in the coffin.  

Damn. Kenny doesn't need to say anything else. That's a mic drop level diss. Geez. Exposing his camp for having predators in it, claiming he has another daughter, etc...so much to unravel. The creativity to write a letter to his immediate family sympathizing with them about having a **** father/hubby/son...brilliant.

And Alchemist confirmed he gave him the beat prior to the beef even starting. 

Edit: whoa. Just heard Family Matters. Drake is claiming Kendrick beats his wife? Theyre going to destroy eachother's image. Who is the real winner when your family is getting caught up in this petty ****? Cole made the grown man move, imo.

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

This was such a beatdown bcuz Kendrick is a true MC who loves the culture and the art of hip hop.  Going up against a pop star that doesn’t have those qualities was light work. 

If the accusations are true Drakes cooked. I don’t see anyway he can comeback from this, even on Family Matters a lot the stuff he directed towards Kendrick were either already addressed by Kendrick himself or more than likely lies. Meet the Grahams went far beyond a normal diss track, this was an indictment on Aubrey Graham and The person he is and the things he’s done as a person not a rapper.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

This was such a beatdown bcuz Kendrick is a true MC who loves the culture and the art of hip hop.  Going up against a pop star that doesn’t have those qualities was light work. 

The issue is, his wife was getting abuse on social media from Drake fans and now he's been accused as a wife beater and a man who cheats on his wife by one of the biggest artists in the world. 

I love this beef from a hip hop perspective, but it isn't the same anymore. Ice Cube said it best, rap beefs use to say mostly within the hip hop community, and while families have been targeted in the past, they at least weren't getting abuse from online morons. 

The game has changed, and Im not sure either Kendrick or Drake are going to feel like winners while they're home alone with their kids and wives who are caught in the crossfire.

They're grown *** men. They have families, and too much to lose. I'll admit, I was ignorant, and thought it'd be competitive bars like we saw from Cole's diss. Drake seemed to eacalate it when he mentioned Kendrick's wife, which Kendrick addresses in his most recent diss.

This is too much, man. I loved Kendricks last diss, but I honestly think he should leave it at that for the sake of his family. Let the ego go. Drake isn't going to top that diss anyways. 

Edited by WizeGuy

8 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

The issue is, his wife was getting abuse on social media from Drake fans and now he's been accused as a wife beater and a man who cheats on his wife by one of the biggest artists in the world. 

I love this beef from a hip hop perspective, but it isn't the same anymore. Ice Cube said it best, rap beefs use to say mostly within the hip hop community, and while families have been targeted in the past, they at least weren't getting abuse from online morons. 

The game has changed, and Im not sure either Kendrick or Drake are going to feel like winners while they're home alone with their kids and wives who are caught in the cross fire.

They're grown *** men. They have families, and too much to lose. I'll admit, I was ignorant, and thought it'd be competitive bars like we saw from Cole's diss. Drake seemed to eacalate it when he mentioned Kendrick's wife, which Kendrick addresses in his most recent diss.

This is too much, man. I loved Kendricks last diss, but I honestly think he should leave it at that for the sake of his family. Let the ego go. Drake isn't going to top that diss anyways. 

Social media definitely brings a different dynamic to all of this but viewing it through that lens feels like something Drake would do.  Kendrick intuitively knows that battling is part of the DNA of hip hop and acted accordingly.  Did they both go too far?  Sure but this isn’t uncharted territory. And had he not responded in full, it would’ve eaten at him forever.  

Agreed about Drake not being able to top this. “Please leave it alone / don’t throw rocks at the throne”

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

Christ. He done gone and made a hobby out of this

Still think Drakes tracks are getting underrated because of biases. Buuuuuuuut. I don’t think anyone is ever dissing Kendrick again.

I will openly say I am a Kendrick fan far more. I have seen Drake in concert, he's a great showman. Kendrick absolutely WANTS this.