You Hear It First: Hip Hop & R&B

pwny

Posted (edited)

I don't know how you listen to Kendrick's albums and think he's pop. He dabbles his toes in pop music to get big pay days, but his albums are way deeper than that. This is coming from someone who thought Mr Morales was boring as hell and has thought Kendrick peaked a while ago, and believed Cole has been the better rapper since he grew dreads. 

The diss is very good. Pretty clearly the best diss so far from my perspective. Drake just can't go bar for bar with Kendrick. I also share the same sentiments as others- the diss gets better the more your listen to it. "Let's see you Pusha T!"

Cole was the one who could've gone bar for bar with Kendrick, but his heart wasn't in it. In the rap world, his apology will impact his legacy. Outside the rap world, it won't matter. Rap beefs get dirty as hell, and dirty laundry gets spilled, so I think it was a wise move by Cole even if hip hop heads and fans of the hip hop culture call him a b****. It's at least keeping his family from taking strays and any dirt he did in the closet. So, as a rap fan it annoys me, but as a 36 year old man w/ a wife and kid- I completely understand. Protect your family's name at all costs, and don't have them dragged into ego driven beefs. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 2

Kendrick definitely has someone in Drakes camp. For Drake to drop Family Matters and then 15 minutes later Kendrick drops Meet the Graham's is not a coincidence. Where he is speaking to everyone in drakes family. 

Kendrick a sicko

Family Business” like the multiple writers for his verses, right?  The ones he’s reading off his phone in the booth. 

“this **** gotta be over by now for anyone out here calling it right” 

lol the irony. And of course Drake goes autotune heavy lol such a herb.

Meet The Grahams” my goodness r.i.p Aubs

Kendrick over an ominous track that sounded like Alchemist. And delivered every single nail in the coffin.