Bruce Irvin cut

Dessie

16 hours ago, G08 said:

He's been.... underwhelming man.

Haven't seen an awful lot of the Bears recently to be honest but he looked to me like he's still got potential and probably needs a running partner to help him along, maybe Mack will allow him to fulfil some of that potential............... or as S&B88 said, maybe he needs a change of scenery and some fresh impetus!

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

Haven't seen an awful lot of the Bears recently to be honest but he looked to me like he's still got potential and probably needs a running partner to help him along, maybe Mack will allow him to fulfil some of that potential............... or as S&B88 said, maybe he needs a change of scenery and some fresh impetus!

He needs HGH and steroids man... he has 0 sacks on the year and that's with freaking Mack getting triple (!!!) teamed at times.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

He needs HGH and steroids man... he has 0 sacks on the year and that's with freaking Mack getting triple (!!!) teamed at times.

Fair enough..................I guess you can keep him then :)

How is Trubisky looking this year?

43 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Fair enough..................I guess you can keep him then :)

How is Trubisky looking this year?

Up and down... he's improved with blitz recognition and coverages as the season has progressed, but still has a hiccup or two mechanically each game where he sails a ball.

Halfway through the season: 64.2%/1949 yds/7.5 YPA/16 TDs/7 INTs/96.1 rating

Every single Bears fan would take that if offered week 1 of this season.

The #Falcons are paying pass-rusher Bruce Irvin $3.2M prorated on a 1-year deal, source said. He’ll make $1.5M over 8 games, indicative of how strong his market was. He double-dips from the #Raiders. OAK pays the $3.8M left ($8.25M total), add in ATL’s $1.5M = $9.75M for 2018.

Good deal for Bruce. 

2 hours ago, Dessie said:

The #Falcons are paying pass-rusher Bruce Irvin $3.2M prorated on a 1-year deal, source said. He’ll make $1.5M over 8 games, indicative of how strong his market was. He double-dips from the #Raiders. OAK pays the $3.8M left ($8.25M total), add in ATL’s $1.5M = $9.75M for 2018.

Good deal for Bruce. 

🤦🏽‍♂️ Sucks for us tho 

10 hours ago, G08 said:

Up and down... he's improved with blitz recognition and coverages as the season has progressed, but still has a hiccup or two mechanically each game where he sails a ball.

Halfway through the season: 64.2%/1949 yds/7.5 YPA/16 TDs/7 INTs/96.1 rating

Every single Bears fan would take that if offered week 1 of this season.

I dont get how he's so hated when he's been decent. Those numbers are good and he's also made plays with his legs that i've seen.

I feel like any team with a QB who isnt Pro Bowl caliber is just "Cant win a Super Bowl with him, he sucks, and he's holding us back."

Crazy that someone projected for 4000 yards, 32 TDs, and 14 INTs is endlessly ridiculed and called trash.

19 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

I dont get how he's so hated when he's been decent. Those numbers are good and he's also made plays with his legs that i've seen.

I feel like any team with a QB who isnt Pro Bowl caliber is just "Cant win a Super Bowl with him, he sucks, and he's holding us back."

Crazy that someone projected for 4000 yards, 32 TDs, and 14 INTs is endlessly ridiculed and called trash.

It's bizarre for sure... Michael Lombardi and some other clown, Barnwell (?), lambaste him in the national media. Locally he has his supporters and others who are more in the wait-and-see mode.

Personally? I see a 24 year old, inexperienced kid that's operating a complex offensive system. He's performing better thus far than Alex Smith did his first year in this system. I'm in no rush to call him a bust or a Pro Bowler... I just want to see continual improvement.

9 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Because you're only looking at the stats. He misses a ton of throws in horrible fashion. He's had a handful of INTs that the defenders flat dropped. He makes a lot of bad decisions. I've watched all but 1 Bears game this season and I don't see how Trubisky lasts long in this league with his inaccuracy. His numbers are inflated on short passes that go for big gains and playing against a pretty soft schedule of games. He's the NFC's Blake Bortles as someone said recently.

7 hours ago, RaiderX said:

Not surprised to see him sign there. He was whining in Seattle about going there. Maybe he'll benefit from Beasely.

Beasly has not been good this season, which is why Irvin was even signed. He has 1 sack, 3 QB hits and 6 tackles on the season. He's graded as the worst edge rusher in the league currently. Here in Atlanta, people are fed up with him. 

On 11/8/2018 at 6:43 AM, big_palooka said:

Because you're only looking at the stats. He misses a ton of throws in horrible fashion. He's had a handful of INTs that the defenders flat dropped. He makes a lot of bad decisions. I've watched all but 1 Bears game this season and I don't see how Trubisky lasts long in this league with his inaccuracy. His numbers are inflated on short passes that go for big gains and playing against a pretty soft schedule of games. He's the NFC's Blake Bortles as someone said recently.

He really doesn't, though. He'll have an occasional miss... I can count 4 bad ones off the top of my head out of 260 attempts on the season.

You really need to look into what you're claiming about short passes that go for big gains, because you're 100% wrong.

Archived