Week 9 GDT

TheVillain112

Just now, Jaguarfan said:

how far does this go? Does he also make favorable calls for Rams divisional opponents? How long a con is Bill playing???

No idea. Ask them. All I can tell you is that we don't get the BOTD with his crew. It's been consistent for years. 

Just now, showtime said:

Why?  Because he's played the game at a high level for a long time?

And carrying his team for a long time. Unfortunately for him, they will never give the award to a QB on a 8-8, 9-7 team. And those are records are mainly because of his defenses.   

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Ok.  I don't really care enough to argue it.  I'm more concerned with the beatdown we are about to take tonight.  

Hush now.  Davante's gonna sneak a sly elbow under the chin of Gilmore and knock him out and then feast.

Why does Peters follow the opposing teams #1 WR? I mean it is clear whether it is the calf injury or wherever, he's not good enough right now for that responsibility. Just keep the corners to one side, would have worked out better for the Rams this game…. And basically every game for that matter. At least until he gets back to playing the type of ball he played in KC and until Talib returns. 

3 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

I'm sorry your team lost, I'm sure you'll be over it by next week. No need to get philosophical with the bitterness. 

Actually, and others can attest to this, this has been something that's been digging on me for a while - partly because I talk to a number of prominent former quality members via Twitter nowadays and have to use that to do so because they refuse to come back here since the "bro culture" has become so prominent here.

Don't deflect.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No idea. Ask them. All I can tell you is that we don't get the BOTD with his crew. It's been consistent for years. 

it's been consistent in that the rams sucked for years and now they're good and lost one (1) game refereed by this guy

(for the record, he didn't ref a rams game last year. so yes, you're really attributing a small handful of lopsided losses by the absolute garbage team the rams were for the last decade or so to this one referee, who wasn't even in the league for about half of those years)

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why does Peters follow the opposing teams #1 WR? I mean it is clear whether it is the calf injury or wherever, he's not good enough right now for that responsibility. Just keep the corners to one side, would have worked out better for the Rams this game…. And basically every game for that matter. At least until he gets back to playing the type of ball he played in KC and until Talib returns. 

Because who else do we have to do that right now?  Troy Hill?  Nickell Robey-Coleman whose largely been a slot-corner his entire career?  It should be Sam Shields, but the coaching staff for some reason is hesitant to do that (probably his health history; and it's why I was hesitant about his history because it adversely affected his dependability to be a necessary next-man-up).  The Talib injury hit us harder than the front office accounted for.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Actually, and others can attest to this, this has been something that's been digging on me for a while - partly because I talk to a number of prominent former quality members via Twitter nowadays and have to use that to do so because they refuse to come back here since the "bro culture" has become so prominent here.

Don't deflect.

i'm genuinely shocked that you believe that the quality of posting was better Back In The Day than it is now. this place is the same as it ever was. hell, they let me post here when i was in middle school. i'm 24 now. i wouldn't have let me join any forum when i was in middle school, lol.

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Don't deflect.

Yes, because Twitter of all places is the beacon of reason and intelligent discussion. 

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

it's been consistent in that the rams sucked for years and now they're good and lost one (1) game refereed by this guy

(for the record, he didn't ref a rams game last year. so yes, you're really attributing a small handful of lopsided losses by the absolute garbage team the rams were for the last decade or so to this one referee, who wasn't even in the league for about half of those years)

Yet, here we are again. I said days ago that this crew has a history of doing this. They could have shut me up by calling a fair game. Did they do so? No. And the next time he refs another one of our games and does it again, you'll say to me, "You lost 45-35. He didn't singlehandedly cost you a game." I'm not sure why it's hard to believe that some teams are disadvantaged by certain ref crews. Refs are people too.

Just now, -Hope- said:

i'm genuinely shocked that you believe that the quality of posting was better Back In The Day than it is now. this place is the same as it ever was. hell, they let me post here when i was in middle school. i'm 24 now. i wouldn't have let me join any forum when i was in middle school, lol.

can confirm, started posting when I was like 15 and posted solely garbage. have marginally improved now 

Archived