Week 10: Miami WontWins @ Green Bay GDT

incognito_man

11 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Rules question. 

Davante Adams was called for a 15 yard penalty for a chop block which I get but immediately after and on the same play a Dolphin went at the legs of one of the Packer linemen and he didn't get called.  Later I saw a Dolphin take out one of our outside linebackers with the same block Adams used.  Is it different rules at the LOS and for the defense or did the refs just miss the calls?

Different when it's a receiver on a box defender like that. In order to stop WRs from killing safeties on every run to the outside, they put in a bunch of rules for any offensive player away from the line of scrimmage, no helmet to helmet, no going low, and what appears to be the generally enforced, no kill shot blocks, even though there's no written rule against the last one, sorry ESB.

6 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Honestly, he just doesn’t seem right, or at least not what we’re used to seeing.  He’s not seeing the field, he’s missing rather academic throws, and he just seems very unsure and antsy.  He looks rather average, and considering his huge contract, it’s worrisome.

Enormous exaggerations here.

What "academic throws" did he miss yesterday"?

So, a 17 - 1 TD/Int ratio is "rather average"?

6 hours ago, Slinky said:

Sped up gifs? Really?

Lacy was no slouch. But to say he was as explosive as Jones from the stop is ridiculous.

Yeah, spreading up those gifs is embarrassing... I remember that TD "run" against Tampa- he looked like a miniature O-lineman plodding down the sideline.

Still, when Lacy was in shape his first two years, he was an excellent RB.

10 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Enormous exaggerations here.

So, a 17 - 1 TD/Int ratio is "rather average"?

He exaggerated and you cherry picked one stat. One can also cherry pick a few stats to say he's not having an Aaron Rodgers type of year too. Personally, I think the offense has become stale, predictable and we need a new HC. 

We have the makings of a top 5 offense and we're struggling mightily. 

We have a RB that could be top 5 if used properly. We have a top 5 WR and another kid who looks completely legit. 

16 minutes ago, Golfman said:

He exaggerated and you cherry picked one stat. One can also cherry pick a few stats to say he's not having an Aaron Rodgers type of year too. Personally, I think the offense has become stale, predictable and we need a new HC. 

We have the makings of a top 5 offense and we're struggling mightily. 

We have a RB that could be top 5 if used properly. We have a top 5 WR and another kid who looks completely legit. 

Do you know what cherry picking means? ... The question I asked is completely germane to the question I asked, which I'll ask again.... How can a QB be "rather average" with a 17 - 1 TD/Int ratio?... If someone cam answer that, it would be pretty cool... I can imagine the spin some might use to answer that question, and I'd look forward to replying to that spin.

I do agree the offense is extremely stale,  predictable and desperately needs a new play caller (HC)... For me, it's gotten to the point where it's hard to watch.

11 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Do you know what cherry picking means? ... The question I asked is completely germane to the question I asked, which I'll ask again.... How can a QB be "rather average" with a 17 - 1 TD/Int ratio?... If someone cam answer that, it would be pretty cool... I can imagine the spin some might use to answer that question, and I'd look forward to replying to that spin.

I do agree the offense is extremely stale,  predictable and desperately needs a new play caller (HC)... For me, it's gotten to the point where it's hard to watch.

CLEARLY you don't know the meaning of "he exaggerated" or did you just disregard that to start an argument. Clearly, his TD/INT stat is extraordinary. However, he takes way too many sacks holding the ball too long and for what we've been used to seeing out of him, it looks average by comparison

Now, either read my post CLEARLY, and respond accordingly or just go away. I even bolded the last part so you don't do what you do which is purposely take things out of context. Do you want a definition for context?

40 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Out of 8 drives, three were stopped because Arod couldn't convert on 3rd and short when throwing it. On one he had Adams coming out of the backfield but didn't pull the trigger and he just hung on to it too long and got sacked.

It is ridiculous to think he is playing his 'normal' self. 13 Qbs have a better passing rating than him (Watson, Roth, Cam, Trub, Cousins, Fitz, Wentz, Wilson, Goff, Ryan, Rivers, Mahomes and Bress). You look at the top tier of Qbs and their average Yards Per Attempt - 8.5 Ryan, 8.6 Bress, 9.0 Rivers, 9.1 Mahomes, 9.4 Goff. Rodgers is nowhere near at 7.7. But he is playing pretty close to a 41 year old Brady in terms of numbers.

ESPN:

The Dolphins averaged nearly 6.0 yards per carry without either of their starting tackles, and they had seven drives make it to Green Bay's side of the field, but those drives generated only 12 points. The Packers hadn't exhibited any sort of red zone dominance before this week, and they came up with one early stop when a snap somehow made its way over the 6-foot-7 Osweiler's head, but they'll take it.

They've moved 35-year-old corner Tramon Williams to safety and given free-agent addition Bashaud Breeland starter snaps. The former Washington corner made his debut against the Patriots in Week 9 and was playing just about every snap before going down with a groin injury against the Dolphins on Sunday.

Catching up.

Man, I miss young Eddie Lacy.  Beast.  Unreal feet for a big man.  Great quickness/speed for 5-10 yards.  Top end speed just wasn't there.

I don't think you can compare him to Aaron Jones, they are two very different RB's.  Ideally they would job share.  Lacy would be thunder.  Jones would be lightning.  Thunder usually comes before lightning.

Quickest to the hole?  I'd put them as even.

Quickest through the hole? Jones.

Fastest after the hole?  Uh, yah.

While the Packers understandably have concerns about keeping their star quarterback healthy and don't want to put Jones on the field if he's a liability in pass protection, they might not have the offensive firepower with their passing game to justify keeping Jones off the field. Since the beginning of 2017, Rodgers' QBR has jumped from 57.2 with Jones on the sideline to 66.1 with the former UTEP back on the field. While Rodgers is sacked more frequently in those situations, his sack rate makes a mild jump from 7.2 percent with Jones off the field to 7.7 percent while Jones is in the backfield alongside the future Hall of Famer. It's a tradeoff the Packers should be willing to take.

But, but, Williams was playing over Jones because of pass-pro.

Like I said all along, Mac still needs to get Jones on the field. And as it turns out, his pass-pro isn't much worse than Williams. Definitely not enough to warrant Jones being on the sidelines the majority of the time. 

Here's some crow for a select few to eat. 

I was at the game, and I say this from the bottom of my heart. If you do the wave when we are on offense, go jump off a bridge. How can we be in the year 2018 and not have a clue how to act when the Packers are on offense. Sit down. Shut the hell up.

I was surprised at times how decently loud it got there when the Packers were on defense, but I can't get over how dumb some of the fans are. 

As for the defense. I thought the first half was pretty average and the second half they played pretty well. It would be nice if we stopped putting them in bad spots (looking at you Tramon). That has been the theme for this defense, one really good half of football each game and one average to below average half.

My thoughts on the game.

It was a W.  Sometimes that is all you need.

Observations...

-Our QB still has poor body language.  He still coaches while on the field.  Probably isn't much fun for him in this offense.  He needs one of those 400 yard, 5 TD games to remind him that this game can be fun.  Make it happen, Mac.  This would be a nice week to hang those numbers.

-Clay.  Saw some posts dogging Clay and I get it.  But not today.  Today I saw GB execute some really nice stunts when Clay shot down the line and took out a tackle/guard and sometimes a center.  That Raven Greene sack was setup because Matthews went hard inside and blew up the blockers.  I think the Lowry sack was in part due to Matthews stunt inside, too.  I thought he had a very good game this past week.

-Josh Jones.  Made some great tackles and generally was around the ball.  No complaints.  And this just in...that kid loves football.  He was enthusiastic and that's what the team needs.

-Aaron Jones.  He's the cowbell.  Need more cowbell.  Put together a great game after a terrible first play.  That had to epitomize the entire year for Rodgers.  

-Blake Martinez.  He too was all over the field, despite what had to be a gimpy ankle.  Man I like that kid.

-Fackrell.  Okay, what happened?  Where is the liability that we've come to know and love?  The guy out there last game got a sack on a great pass rush move.  And he covered!  This week I hope he sees more edge and Clay sees some MLB.

-Offense really has some work left to do.  Offense really sputters with the rookies out there.  Teams can take away Graham/Adams for the most part and then it is up to EQ and MVS to understand the coverages and take advantage of them...and it didn't really happen yesterday.  Teams now play to keep MVS in front of them and force him to run correct routes and limit the over the top plays.  Gotta overcome that.

-God I want to see some games in row in which we can play a health King, Alexander, Jackson and Jones together in the secondary.

-Special teams were simply dreadful.  How Zook stays employed is beyond me.

-I'll probably be around GB this week.  If Rodgers reads this, he can PM me and I'll meet him, MVS and ESQ.  I've got a bourbon stash that needs to be drank down.  Let's get those guys liquored up together and let them bond.  Something!

21 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

My thoughts on the game.

It was a W.  Sometimes that is all you need.

Observations...

-Our QB still has poor body language.  He still coaches while on the field.  Probably isn't much fun for him in this offense.  He needs one of those 400 yard, 5 TD games to remind him that this game can be fun.  Make it happen, Mac.  This would be a nice week to hang those numbers.

-Clay.  Saw some posts dogging Clay and I get it.  But not today.  Today I saw GB execute some really nice stunts when Clay shot down the line and took out a tackle/guard and sometimes a center.  That Raven Greene sack was setup because Matthews went hard inside and blew up the blockers.  I think the Lowry sack was in part due to Matthews stunt inside, too.  I thought he had a very good game this past week.

-Josh Jones.  Made some great tackles and generally was around the ball.  No complaints.  And this just in...that kid loves football.  He was enthusiastic and that's what the team needs.

-Aaron Jones.  He's the cowbell.  Need more cowbell.  Put together a great game after a terrible first play.  That had to epitomize the entire year for Rodgers.  

-Blake Martinez.  He too was all over the field, despite what had to be a gimpy ankle.  Man I like that kid.

-Fackrell.  Okay, what happened?  Where is the liability that we've come to know and love?  The guy out there last game got a sack on a great pass rush move.  And he covered!  This week I hope he sees more edge and Clay sees some MLB.

-Offense really has some work left to do.  Offense really sputters with the rookies out there.  Teams can take away Graham/Adams for the most part and then it is up to EQ and MVS to understand the coverages and take advantage of them...and it didn't really happen yesterday.  Teams now play to keep MVS in front of them and force him to run correct routes and limit the over the top plays.  Gotta overcome that.

-God I want to see some games in row in which we can play a health King, Alexander, Jackson and Jones together in the secondary.

-Special teams were simply dreadful.  How Zook stays employed is beyond me.

-I'll probably be around GB this week.  If Rodgers reads this, he can PM me and I'll meet him, MVS and ESQ.  I've got a bourbon stash that needs to be drank down.  Let's get those guys liquored up together and let them bond.  Something!

Nice write up 

Archived