Week 10: Miami WontWins @ Green Bay GDT

incognito_man

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

If you are referring to us going for it on 4th down near midfield THAT was one of the dumber decisions McCarthy has made in a while.  Even if we made that damn first down it is still a stupid play.   In effect we gave them a free FG there.  Stupid football.

It was a bad call.  Think MM is feeling the heat and pushed a bit more than usual.  They rectified it with the fake punt call.  I want him to be aggressive but against Miami would have been inclined to punt in that situation.  Team is still disjointed.  Not all that impressed by beating a decimated Miami team at home.  Packers still haven't eliminated the mistakes.  Blocked punt  today, turnover, and penalties.  They need to clean it up.  Aaron is  improving every week but is still not there yet. This season really does remind me of 2010.   Think we even finish in Chi town.   Packers need to play better.  They win at Seattle maybe I'll start to believe.

Nice win, and frankly, expected.

Good:

1. defense holding Phins to 3 FG’s
  2. pressure by Dline was good
  3. A Jones was phenomenal 
  4. Dbacks did well

Not great:

1. Rodgers is still off - can’t see the field, missing easy throws
  2. Mac - his stubbornness is frustrating, about as much as his playcalling at times
  3. Boneheaded penalties - this is not a disciplined team
  4. Special teams - still too many gaffs, in spite of GB’s fake punt

Seacrows aren’t going to let GB off the hook for mental mistakes and gaffs.  Bring your damn A game or forget about it.

2 hours ago, FinSting said:

If Miami scores 21 pts in this game, it will be 7 field goals. Your end zone is safe, Packers

When I saw the guys on your injury report I couldn't believe another team had it worse than us.  And then during the game your guys were dropping like flies.  A lot of guys on both sides got banged up today.  Yikes.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Little of both.

No respect for Osweiler even early.

Then we got up enough and we're able to play pure pass looks. 

When you're up that much, there's no sense in blitzing rather than letting your guys pin their ears back. Better to have more in coverage than get wild with it. 

Agree. Nice game to have.
Not a total pushover - MIA's got some players - but Osweiler's never gonna get it done in this league (IMO) and we needed a decent team we could dominate.
Also - very nice - to see AR moving as well as he did. He might not be the quick as **** AR of a few years back - but it appears the cant move for **** AR of recent weeks/months appears to be behind us. Could have happened earlier (or would have been better......) but at least its happened.

3 hours ago, Cheech said:

Lol.  Graham on Quinn.  Graham on anyone is just effing stupid.

37 got rid of visor.  Still with the hold.

on that play real time, i was watching graham.

i was expecting him to go on a quick route and was shocked when he tried to block

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Our pass rush is still so blah...big 3rd down there and Osweiler had all day to find his man

With the present state of Miami's O line we should have harassed Oweiler all afternoon.  IMO the main reason we won today was because the 'Fins' offense is horrendous.

Just now, Pugger said:

With the present state of Miami's O line we should have harassed Oweiler all afternoon.  IMO the main reason we won today was because the 'Fins' offense is horrendous.

I didn’t think our pass rush was that bad, actually.  The defense did its job - held a hack like Osweiler from getting into the end zone, and we sacked him like 3-4 times.  I’m more perplexed at our special teams gaffs, playcalling in long stretches of the game, and Rodgers looking average at best.

Archived