Pat Mahomes' Season in Perspective

onejayhawk

13 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

If it’s not hard to find replacements more teams would have that kind of talent 

If you watch football long enough you'll notice some franchises are competitive almost every season and some just have a history of sucking decade after decade. 

The draft is supposed to balance that out but it doesn't.  That's because some organizations know how to draft and develop talent while others don't have the foggiest idea.

If you look at previous monster seasons--Marino 84, Manning 04 and 13, Brady 07--they all had two WR going off. Mahomes is the only one with a TE going ballistic. That said, some of Brees' best work was with Graham and Sproles combining for 1800 yards. 

Concerning player acquisition, for game 9, against Cleveland, the Chiefs' OL was Eric Fisher and four former Browns. They kept Mahomes clean against a very good pass rush. Some of it is talent and some is making the most of what you have.

Mahomes is literally two days younger than Marino in 1984 by birthdate. However, Marino played the first game of the season on September 2nd while Mahomes did it on September 9th. You can cut it either way.

The youngest MVP ever is Jim Brown at 21, more than 17 months younger. Walter Peyton was younger by about 6 weeks. Marino and Mahomes are by far the youngest QB. 

J

21 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Mahomes reminds me of a less mobile Daunte Culpepper. Big body, huge arm, can make every single throw on the field, great over the middle in the 20-30 yard range, has tons of zip on his sideline routes

Hopefully he has more success lol

14 hours ago, ET80 said:

You're aware that Kareem Hunt is having a very good season in his own right? (On pace for 1,768 TYFS and 22TDs).

Hunt's season is not as good as Gurley's season - much like how Goff's season isn't as good as Mahomes' season.

I will say that kareem is catching up slowly but surely as Mahomes becomes more comfortable back there

Lol, and I am proud to announce that the greatest blunder of all time in the annals of "Talking out of your butt on the internet" has just been awarded to....  ME!!!

Yes that's right folks, I was the one that said over and over before the season began that Pat Mahomes was going to be "such a massive and laughable bust" and that "the Chiefs were immediately going to regret shipping Alex Smith off to Washington."  Soooooo, yeah...

But anyway, congratulations to me for winning the award for the worst hot-take ever conceived of, that immediately and spectacularly went down in flames as the most clueless and incorrect prediction of the 2018 NFL season!  

On 11/5/2018 at 7:52 PM, Jlowe22 said:

Brees is on pace for more like ~4700 yards and 36 TDs, 2 INTs.  I suspect you didn't realize he's played 8 games instead of 9.

But still, point stands.  Mahomes is having a great year.

Gotta point out that Matt Ryan is on pace for 5370 yards, 38 TD's, and 6 INT's this season, and could still be like the 4th or 5th rated QB in 2018!  Absolutely mental passing numbers coming out of QB's this year!

4 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

As long as he doesnt have a brutal knee injury I think he'll do just fine lol.  Though Culpepper was already struggling a lot that season before the injury anyways

We are on 3rd string OL. But theyve been playing pretty well. I'm worried about Suh and Donald.

8 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Mahomes reminds me of a less mobile Daunte Culpepper. Big body, huge arm, can make every single throw on the field, great over the middle in the 20-30 yard range, has tons of zip on his sideline routes

I'm always sad about the fact that his 04 season has been forgotten because it was the same year as Peyton's 48TD season.

10 hours ago, megatechpc said:

Lol, and I am proud to announce that the greatest blunder of all time in the annals of "Talking out of your butt on the internet" has just been awarded to....  ME!!!

Yes that's right folks, I was the one that said over and over before the season began that Pat Mahomes was going to be "such a massive and laughable bust" and that "the Chiefs were immediately going to regret shipping Alex Smith off to Washington."  Soooooo, yeah...

But anyway, congratulations to me for winning the award for the worst hot-take ever conceived of, that immediately and spectacularly went down in flames as the most clueless and incorrect prediction of the 2018 NFL season!  

You were hating so hard in the preseason after that 70 yard bomb against the Falcons😂

5 hours ago, Malik said:

I'm always sad about the fact that his 04 season has been forgotten because it was the same year as Peyton's 48TD season.

Tell me about it lol.  I bring that season up every time someone tries to claim that Culpeper was only successful because of Moss

Archived