Amari Cooper has fixed Dak!

DaBoys

55 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I'll celebrate us playing great right now cause you never know what tomorrow brings but let's not act like Dak didn't play horrible for a little stretch there. I hate that you have to labeled as a hater or fan just because of talking about how the reality of the situation is at the time.

The people getting labeled as haters are the ones who think Dak is as bad as Quincy Carter or hope we miss the playoffs.

No one here thinks the Cowboys are without issue. We take issue with the extreme negativity and the focused pessimism while we sit here at 1st place in the NFC East.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The people getting labeled as haters are the ones who think Dak is as bad as Quincy Carter or hope we miss the playoffs.

No one here thinks the Cowboys are without issue. We take issue with the extreme negativity and the focused pessimism while we sit here at 1st place in the NFC East.

No, anyone who doesn't like Dak is a blind hater and moron.

And we are 6-5. The good feeling of being in first is slightly tarnished by us not really having a good year.

Negative and positive is going to be mixed together when you are only good half of the time. We are in first place and I'm happy, but surprised. Most of the time a 6-5 record, up and down season, bad coaching, and streaky QB play doesn't give you a first place position. I am extremely skeptical we beat the Saints and a 6-6 record with 4 games to go doesn't exactly give me warm and fuzzys. I feel like we barely beat Colt McCoy.

But anything can happen if you make the tournament.

Edited by DaBoys

I personally see a difference between not liking Dak saying he has problems but is around a top 12-15 level QB and want to get rid of him or calling him Quincy 2.  ...   or  liking Dak saying he is  top 12-15 level QB who is capable of winning the super bowl with the right pieces around him (Better much better OL play at 2014 or 2016 level  -  better much better TE play. -    Better secondary play)

Another  difference I do not like our odds at all of getting better QB in draft -    And what good will it do if that is two years away-  by then Elliot is most likely done   How many RB’s can you name last 15 years we’re at their top for more then 5 straight years. 1-2-3 at most out of 20 -25. Not good odds especially power type like Elliot  and our OL will need rebuilding. And one thing is clear while we can get a RB 2nd 3rd.  OL needs 1st rd talent 

so... I want to roll with what we have next year hope Smith has another season we get Fredrick back and improved secondary  Better TE play we can compete NOW like we did when he was a rook and we can then handle the NO and KC’s.  

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

No, anyone who doesn't like Dak is a blind hater and moron.

I feel like this is directly aimed at me, and you know I dont think that. NYFB is right in his assessment. Calvert literally got upset when we won. Plan is making bordering on racist comments about our QB. Thats hater.

You are just a negative nancy. Its different.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I'll celebrate us playing great right now cause you never know what tomorrow brings but let's not act like Dak didn't play horrible for a little stretch there. I hate that you have to labeled as a hater or fan just because of talking about how the reality of the situation is at the time.

Yea nobody made that claim that Dak didn't make some good plays that game. But he still has growing pains he still should have already grown out of. With a better coach he might have already done so. I don't trust Dak. But I can forgive him for his shortcomings because I do not consider Linehan or Garrett QB grooming coaches. Heres hoping regardless of what happens that at the very least Linehan is gone at the end of the season. Hell I might even consider keeping Garrett if it means him getting a "promotion" into a Co-GM position with Stephen and us bringing in a real Head Coach who knows things like tactics, game time management and coaching among other little things.

11 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Really? Could have fooled us with those arguments. But getting to the playoffs simply because we win a division where all the teams are terrible is nothing to get your hopes up about. I don't want to be one and done in the playoffs again when we face a real team. I want us to have actual success and not have to pretend like we're doing good.

Edited by Calvert28
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Really? Could have fooled us with those arguments. But getting to the playoffs simply because we win a division where all the teams are terrible is nothing to get your hopes up about. I don't want to be one and done in the playoffs again when we face a real team. I want us to have actual success and not have to pretend like we're doing good.

If we make the tournament anything can happen. Right now our potential WC opponents look like Carolina, Seattle, Minnesota, or maybe Chicago. Two of them already beat us, but we would play them in Dallas this time. We probably should have beat Carolina in Carolina. It's not unrealistic to think we could straight up beat any of those teams at home in the playoffs with a good day.

The next round you are going to NO, or LA. I'm guessing this is where you think our max ceiling is. I would at least like the opportunity to be there because you never know what could happen. Maybe the Rams secured the bye but lost Goff for the season. It kinda happened with Wentz last year, and it happened to the Raiders and Bengals not to long ago. It happened to Carson Palmer and AZ. You do great all year and bam you have to play the tournament with a backup. Now they don't look so tough. Glad we made it.

Then, what if a team like the Vikings beats NO in the playoffs. It's happened before. Now all of a sudden we have a NFC Championship home game against Kirk Cousins. 

Obviously alot of ifs and maybes but there are a number of scenarios like that. Any of them could send us to the big show. I know a SB is the ultimate prize but an NFC Championship is pretty cool too. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

If we make the tournament anything can happen. Right now our potential WC opponents look like Carolina, Seattle, Minnesota, or maybe Chicago. Two of them already beat us, but we would play them in Dallas this time. We probably should have beat Carolina in Carolina. It's not unrealistic to think we could straight up beat any of those teams at home in the playoffs with a good day.

The next round you are going to NO, or LA. I would at least like the opportunity to be there because you never know what could happen. Maybe the Rams secured the bye but lost Goff for the season. It kinda happened with Wentz last year, and it happened to the Raiders and Bengals not to long ago. It happened to Carson Palmer and AZ. You do great all year and bam you have to play the tournament with a backup. Now they don't look so tough. Glad we made it.

Then, what if a team like the Vikings beats NO in the playoffs. It's happened before. Now all of a sudden we have a NFC Championship home game against Kirk Cousins. 

Obviously alot of ifs and maybes but there are a number of scenarios like that. Any of them could send us to the big show. I know a SB is the ultimate prize but an NFC Championship is pretty cool too. 

I love your optimism but I don't think we have that type of luck. It would be nice although I would still prefer us to get there based on merit and skill rather then all other teams just being even worse off then we are. W/e happens I just hope coaching changes are made this offseason.

• Like 1

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Some of you are just dramatic. I am sure you know you are dramatic. Hell, part of me believes you are doing your part by being willfully obtuse. It's okay. Every family has the crazies. 

I mean, things would be kinda boring around here if we all agreed on everything.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I love your optimism but I don't think we have that type of luck. It would be nice although I would still prefer us to get there based on merit and skill rather then all other teams just being even worse off then we are. W/e happens I just hope coaching changes are made this offseason.

I totally get your concern. We were 9-7 last year and the fan base wanted the coaches fired. They wanted Dez cut. They wanted Byron cut. The wanted Jerry dead.

And now we are cruising for another 8-8/9-7 season meaning WE POTENTIALLY GOT WORSE. But it's all okay because our division sucks too. I mean, I'm grateful that our division sucks, but we shouldn't reward our coaches for other teams failures when we aren't progressing.

As they tell elementary school kids: you aren't made higher by lowering others.

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1