Week 10 GDT: Patriots @ Titans

Titans fan 617

3 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I know we haven't had success against Luck's Colts in the past (0-10?), but I like the matchups here. 

Thid is the worst defense we've faced this season, by far (Dolphins may be on par, but that was such a weird game, it can't be used for comparison). We've put up an average of 31 the past 2 weeks and I don't see how we don't hit that mark this week, with the rhythm LaFleur and Mariota for going right now. 

I also like our defense against Luck here. He's a different QB than Brady so we can't compare. His scrambling definitely adds a different element, but I think we can keep them in relative check. They'll put up points, but not enough to keep up... I don't think. 

I think this is a great matchup for us... And a great chance to keep this momentum going. A loss would definitely bring up feelings of the same ol Titans. 

Shut down the Colts TE’s and Titans win they have been feasting this year.

8 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

What is going on with the quality of this?  I know who Baldy is and I want to get excited about his praise for the titans but it feels like he's reporting from a locked up cell trying to keep it down so he doesn't get flogged again.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Skip Bayless is an absolute joke who acts like an idiot because it gets people riled up, at least I can't imagine he's actually that stupid, but so far after the Eagles, Cowboys, and Patriots games this season he has criticized their defense saying "They were handled by Marcus Mariota? Marcus Mariota???" haha

The media talks to get viewers. They don't talk about you just because you won. The two biggest teams in the media today were the Browns and the Cowboys. If that's what it takes to be in the media, I'll take silience.

Yep. They are as qualified to their job as we are. They are actors/talking heads to get views to their show. 

Once I realized that, their views meant less and less. 

17 minutes ago, titanrick said:

What is going on with the quality of this?  I know who Baldy is and I want to get excited about his praise for the titans but it feels like he's reporting from a locked up cell trying to keep it down so he doesn't get flogged again.

He does it from his phone or something for Twitter then gets fancy for TV. Don't know why he can't use the better one for both. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

He does it from his phone or something for Twitter then gets fancy for TV. Don't know why he can't use the better one for both. 

He's said before he likes the filming the screen aspect because it requires no editing/doesn't have to wait on anyone to get his videos out there. I don't mind it personally. You can still tell what's going on in each play and his breakdowns are some of the best out there.

From Peter King's article today:

4. I think Tennessee’s going to be in the pennant race in late December, for one important reason an NFL GM enunciated for me the other day: “Playing against them makes your offense feel like it’s playing in quicksand. Just hard to get anything going consistently against them.” New England had won six straight. The Pats had scored an average of 35.5 points a game in that streak. And Tennessee’s front just throttled the Patriots, who had zero points in their last nine possessions. For a Josh McDaniels/Tom Brady offense, that’s borderline unprecedented.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/12/rams-seahawks-fires-nfl-week-10-fmia-peter-king/

5 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Orlovsky mentioned the Titans using play-action to spread the field horizontally as opposed to most teams that try to spread the field vertically off play-action.

That's similar to the offense Mariota played in Oregon. A lot of play-action short throws spreading the width of the field.

Jonnu's TD a good example of this. Especially late motion right before the snap, at the very least you see front 7 defenders struggling (even if only a .5 second) to make reads. LaFleur is definitely finding his groove, let's hope he keeps it up. The Chiefs are really good at that as well.

4 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I know we haven't had success against Luck's Colts in the past (0-10?), but I like the matchups here. 

Thid is the worst defense we've faced this season, by far (Dolphins may be on par, but that was such a weird game, it can't be used for comparison). We've put up an average of 31 the past 2 weeks and I don't see how we don't hit that mark this week, with the rhythm LaFleur and Mariota for going right now. 

I also like our defense against Luck here. He's a different QB than Brady so we can't compare. His scrambling definitely adds a different element, but I think we can keep them in relative check. They'll put up points, but not enough to keep up... I don't think. 

I think this is a great matchup for us... And a great chance to keep this momentum going. A loss would definitely bring up feelings of the same ol Titans. 

If the d line can create pressure, I have a feeling his sack streak is going to end. Woodyard, Jayon, Logan, etc have been effective in delayed blitzes, think they'll get after him if Pees keeps it up. Colts line has been way improved so far this year, good challenge.

39 minutes ago, VY said:

If the d line can create pressure, I have a feeling his sack streak is going to end. Woodyard, Jayon, Logan, etc have been effective in delayed blitzes, think they'll get after him if Pees keeps it up. Colts line has been way improved so far this year, good challenge.

It isn't going to be a cakewalk. But I do like our chances. I don't think they can consistently move the ball up and down the field on us. And their defense is young and vulnerable. Jacksonville put up 20 plus on them and we know how they have played as of late. 

We are hot and clicking on offense. Hoping for another good day of balance and complete team play. 

4 minutes ago, TitanTuff said:

Just rewatched the game and had an observation. It seemed to me the refs held way back this game. I was seeing holding all over the place and no yellow flags. Gilmore was all over Davis. But we got away with a few as well. 

Going in to the game the CBS crew noted that officiating team called the 2nd fewest penalties in the NFL.

1 hour ago, VY said:

I'd like to see Evans on some outside blitzes a few times ... It's all about maximizing talent... And at this point I think Woodard, Brown, Landry, and Evans are our 4 best 'backers. It maximizes the athleticism and speed on the field and gives us the versatility to pretty much rush and/or cover from any of those 4 spots. 

Adoree Jackson's development has been nuts. He's like a year or 2 ahead of where I thought he'd be, at this point. You could make a case he's outplaying the other notable 1st round CBs from last year's draft in Lattimore and White, which is saying a lot.

Archived