Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

"Maybe he did it to himself"- Nicholson voice

Seriously, what is up with Hill? He could've killed his child went he attacked the pregnant mother and what? Now he's trying to finish the job years later? lol. What a creep. This dude got one of the biggest passes in the media. They embarrassed themselves dancing around how he fell in the draft. "Oh, the Chiefs got a steal". Yea, did they?.

If true, he likely won't play this year and could be facing incarceration. Which is actually big news for us, as he's one of the strongest weapons in the AFC and strongest against us period. We play the Chiefs again this year.

22 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't think there's any area where the Browns' offense isn't better than us.

QB is better (let's be honest here)

RB is better even without Kareem Hunt

WR's are MUCH better

TE's are still probably better

They're definitely better on paper, but as usual it doesn't mean jack having the better team on paper, it's about how you play as a unit on the actual field and I don't think for a second this Browns team will respond well to adversity with the personalities they have.

Being a Browns fan, I had a handful of cordial posts with a few of your members before the Browns played in Baltimore. I agree with this post, in that I think we are looking better. I have been a Browns fan for as long as I can remember, and while I wasn’t old enough to remember the 1964 title, I’ve lived through the kind of good with Sipe, the very good with Kosar, and the past 20 years of horrible. They still have to get out there and play, and while I am quite excited about this team, I am taking a ‘wait and see’ approach.  

However, to talk about them “responding to adversity well”, may be your opinion, but I don’t think you were paying attention. Our coach was Hue Jackson!  He’s adversity personified. I think the results after we removed that adversity were pretty impressive.  I think they will respond just fine. This off season has brought improvement. But again, they still have to play 16 games, and a lot can affect your season, including injuries. I’m cautiously optimistic. They’re young. They’re good. And they’re on their way. And I’m going to enjoy the ride while it lasts!  Peace out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Coming off a promising rookie season, Ravens Nation lost a member of the family 3 years ago today. RIP Tray Walker. Once a Raven, always a Raven. My thoughts are with his family today. 

I can't believe its been 3 years already. But most definitely condolences to his family, friends and fans. 

Interesting quotes from Suggs-

An unquestioned leader of the defense for 16 seasons, Suggs felt it was time for both sides to turn the page and let the next group of defenders make their mark.

“I’m kind of the last pillar from the last regime,” Suggs said. “When a lot of things happen, a lot of guys end up leaving, I felt like I was the only thing preventing the team … I chose to leave so that they can turn the page and let the new guys build something for themselves.”

10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Interesting quotes from Suggs-

An unquestioned leader of the defense for 16 seasons, Suggs felt it was time for both sides to turn the page and let the next group of defenders make their mark.

“I’m kind of the last pillar from the last regime,” Suggs said. “When a lot of things happen, a lot of guys end up leaving, I felt like I was the only thing preventing the team … I chose to leave so that they can turn the page and let the new guys build something for themselves.”

As I said in a Ravens group I browse, its more to this story. Maybe it'll come out one day, but this makes it sound like it was more. I feel he should've just left it at "I wanna play at home". I was buying that one. That made total sense, but this does not.

2 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

As I said in a Ravens group I browse, its more to this story. Maybe it'll come out one day, but this makes it sound like it was more. I feel he should've just left it at "I wanna play at home". I was buying that one. That made total sense, but this does not.

I just think its a situation, where Suggs looked around in the locker room and realised, that only he and Yanda was left, from the "old" super bowl Ravens. I don't think there is much more to it.

I read an article today about Z's contract with GB. Dude cried when he learned the numbers and the next day showed up to his mom's work and asked her if she was ready to retire, then bought her a house.

Man, that made me feel some serious feels. Happy for Z and that's the side of FA that not everyone always sees. That dude is set for life and so is mom and pops now because of that money. Just incredible.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Man, that made me feel some serious feels. Happy for Z and that's the side of FA that not everyone always sees. That dude is set for life and so is mom and pops now because of that money. Just incredible.

Yea, as I've said before. I think seeing what ZDS got in FA, and how he changed his life, will bring out a new level in all of our other EDGE players. Not that they weren't extra motivated before, with having to prove themselves on a new look defense, but I think the green chase will bring out another monster in them. 

I hope they all become the kind of player we want to pay too. I'm all for paying great/elite players their due. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I read an article today about Z's contract with GB. Dude cried when he learned the numbers and the next day showed up to his mom's work and asked her if she was ready to retire, then bought her a house.

Yeah, must've been one of the biggest/ if not the biggest moment in his life. They said he drove 14 hours to do that too. What an awesome, awesome thing to do.

• Like 1