Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

On 3/18/2019 at 5:30 PM, baltimoreRebel said:

Coming off a promising rookie season, Ravens Nation lost a member of the family 3 years ago today. RIP Tray Walker. Once a Raven, always a Raven. My thoughts are with his family today. 

Wow it's really been 3 years? Crazy. I remember I was actually in Miami when it happened. RIP.

Can we talk about how ridiculous it is that people on social media always celebrate NFL players working out in the offseason? lol it's literally their job. "OMG Lamar Jackson is working out in Florida throwing!" Yeah, he should be...."OMG Joe Flacco is flying WR's down to work out with him! What a legend!" Yeah.....he should be. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Can we talk about how ridiculous it is that people on social media always celebrate NFL players working out in the offseason? lol it's literally their job. "OMG Lamar Jackson is working out in Florida throwing!" Yeah, he should be...."OMG Joe Flacco is flying WR's down to work out with him! What a legend!" Yeah.....he should be. 

exactly, Im pretty sure every NFL player (especially the young guys) are working on their craft in the off season one way or another

35 minutes ago, paraven said:

exactly, Im pretty sure every NFL player (especially the young guys) are working on their craft in the off season one way or another

But reports suggested that Flacco didn’t bring his receivers for workouts the first many years of his career, so I guess it is impressive when the rookie 22 y.o. actually does what is expected of him? 

1 hour ago, Rein said:

But reports suggested that Flacco didn’t bring his receivers for workouts the first many years of his career, so I guess it is impressive when the rookie 22 y.o. actually does what is expected of him? 

I mean...I guess that's the bar we've set now? Idk, just feels weird that people are falling over themselves celebrating a professional QB doing the bare minimum of what should be expected.

4 hours ago, Rein said:

Its a 2 way street, who knows maybe Mason, Heap, and Clayton didnt want to catch balls in the offseason.. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024605/article/nfls-top-five-rivalries-for-2019-season-brownssteelers-at-no-1

Look at how stupid this is-

1) Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

-Before you accuse me of just jumping on the bandwagon and supporting the Browns after a wild offseason, let me say a few things. For starters, you are absolutely correct. I love what the Browns have done. The trade for Odell Beckham Jr. was a masterstroke. (And hey, I kinda called it a year ago.) But this Browns team is going to be a lot of fun. I know we've seen some so-called dream teams fail in the past, but this one looks really good. And the rivalry got some additional juice in Week 17 of last season. No, the teams didn't play each other, but the Browns could have sent the Steelers to the playoffs with a win over the Ravens. Cleveland fell just short, leaving Pittsburgh out of the postseason tournament for the first time since 2013.

I understand that it would be fitting to have Browns-Ravens as the rivalry here -- because Baltimore stole the Browns years ago, and the Ravens are the reigning AFC North champions -- but there is something that just feels right about Browns-Steelers being the pick. Because there will be no in between with these two. Either the Browns fulfill their destiny this season and win the division in convincing fashion, rollicking past the competition while the Steelers fall into further chaos. Or the Browns finish 5-11, while the Steelers claim the top seed in the AFC. I'm telling you: It's one or the other.-

His dismissing of the Ravens aside. Honestly, in terms of pure "rivalry". I'd rank those two teams dead last in the division.

I hated as much as anyone the throws Lamar made that was so utterly bad that I feel there is no excuse when you are a QB and have played that position for several years.

The complete neglegence of Lamar being able to improve is stupid though, and while it remains the question if Lamars game will translate to a winning formula down the road, at least give him a chance.

It is also clear, that most who talks about football never watches the games.

It is also interesting the Whitlock has admitted on his show that he is intentionally harsh on Lamar. He is worried to many national panelists are afraid to criticize Lamar, so he takes it upon himself to be critical because he thinks outside criticism will fuel Lamar to improve and not be complacent. 

I am very confident that Lamar is gonna ball his *** off long as they fix the line and Roman isn't Marty. (Which I'm still shaky on) He's doing all the right things so far, so I'm taking him at his word that we're gonna get a Superbowl outta him. I'm ready for the draft like now!

Side session: Do I gotta change my Flacco Avatar or do I continue to use it as a keepsake?