Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

10 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

for some reason i feel like #44 is going to subconsciously force refs to throw more PI/holding flags on Marlon considering defensive players with that # are usually linebackers and they shouldn't be able to stick with WRs lol

I wish I could say this was a crazy thought..........but refs in the NFL can absolutely be that dopey.

One of my conspiracy theories for the season is Lamar being pulled from games for a series here or there because the "Neutral" sideline observer thinks he's showing "Concussion Symptoms". Like what happened in the Atlanta game last season.

Edited by DreamKid
  • Like 2

Look at this guy from RSR's logic. He doesn't want us to trade draft capital for Yannick Ngakoue, because he wants to use it to draft young talent in the 2020 draft....

Yannick is 24, and has proven himself as one of the top pass rushers in the league. Draft picks are just lottery tickets. You hope they turn into elite players you can pay big money to. We drafted Hayden Hurst in the 1st last year, he'll be turning 26 later this month. I don't think the FO will have any problem with trading for a 24 year old proven top flight pass rusher lol.

Yannick has to report to camp soon. Around the time of our joint practices with the Jags next week. Could be a good time to discuss a few things with their FO.

I am interested because Ngakoue is so young. Bringing him in despite the draft capital we have to give up and the new contract, he is still a player which could be good for 8 years. That is great value compared to a lottery ticket plus he will be a day one contributor - no learning curve.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Danand said:

I am interested because Ngakoue is so young. Bringing him in despite the draft capital we have to give up and the new contract, he is still a player which could be good for 8 years. That is great value compared to a lottery ticket plus he will be a day one contributor - no learning curve.

This. If we're not gonna pay young elite talent with a QB on a rookie deal, why bother?

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Look at this guy from RSR's logic. He doesn't want us to trade draft capital for Yannick Ngakoue, because he wants to use it to draft young talent in the 2020 draft....

Yannick is 24, and has proven himself as one of the top pass rushers in the league. Draft picks are just lottery tickets. You hope they turn into elite players you can pay big money to. We drafted Hayden Hurst in the 1st last year, he'll be turning 26 later this month. I don't think the FO will have any problem with trading for a 24 year old proven top flight pass rusher lol.

Yannick has to report to camp soon. Around the time of our joint practices with the Jags next week. Could be a good time to discuss a few things with their FO.

I'd start with a 3rd, Bowser, and Dixon. End up tossing in a 5th and Canady.

Mike Macdonald, our LBs coach, had a presser yesterday. He's generally considered our top young coaching talent, and he gave some great insight into how much of an asset Zach Orr is to the club. Not only is Orr able to quickly put information/instruction in terms our players can readily absorb, but he also functions essentially as an extension of the locker room. A true and rare liaison between players and coaches, who constantly has the pulse of the team. He's been through everything, and understands everything the players experience. And not in a call back "In my day" kind of way either, Orr just turned 27. He's simply another one of the guys on the current roster as far as the players are concerned, and he's an important one. A veteran, a leader, a friend, and a brother. A Raven.

Macdonald said Orr could step right in himself and coach the ILBs today if he needed to. Also adding in that the position has essentially 4 coaches, which could help explain the meteoric rise of so many young talents at the position lol. 

Orr's first life with the club was sadly cut short, but his second life with the Ravens will be something really special.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

I missed it.  What did he say?  Smacking him for his draft grade?

Michele Tafoya was interviewing him (as they were doing with all the HoF inductees during the HoF game) and they showed this article on the screen from the Baltimore Sun from when Ed was drafted. 

onuedbqajduy.jpg

She read out the "Pick without pizazz" headline and Ed knew immediately that it was Mike Preston, and made a dismissive comment that basically said he was always wrong and always negative

On 8/2/2019 at 5:12 AM, DreamKid said:

Hmmm. Get a good look Eric, might be time for a big boy move.