Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

4 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Oof, Lamar....did yourself no favors in the skills challenge lol. 

4 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

On a funny note. Jarvis Landry just beat Lamar in accuracy 😂

We don't care about no fake challenges. We just need my mans to tighten it up in the playoffs, lol

• Like 1

I didn't watch any of the Pro Bowl stuff. So I'm not exactly sure what you guys are referring to. Lamar having a performance that draws mass mockery or criticism though, no longer seems like a bad thing to me. Especially if it's occurring during such a meaningless time. Just means Lamar is going to be that much more of a lunatic this offseason. Lamar taking an L in the present, will typically net us multiple Ws in the future. Just the kind of person/player he is.

• Like 1

For what it's worth. 

Aldon Smith who is 30 years old and hasn't played a down since 2015 is training for a comeback. 

He has had many issues in the past including being investigated for Domestic Violence. Our team doesn't normally take guys like this but it's a thought. 

He was ultra talented way back when. He's still fairly young. I wouldn't be against having him come in as a camp body and seeing what he has left. No harm, no foul. Veteran league minimum. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I've noticed today (although I'm also sure 99.9999% of it is because nobody watches the Pro Bowl and because of the Kobe news today) that literally nobody cared that Lamar Jackson won Pro Bowl MVP, but there was a lot of people who cared about his "accuracy problems" throwing in the Skills Competition.

For what it's worth, Lamar did pretty well in the "Thread the needle" competition, where Russell Wilson scored 16, Lamar and Cousins got 12, and Deshaun Watson got 9. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnBQ3DZ12JE&t=223s

25 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

For what it's worth, Lamar did pretty well in the "Thread the needle" competition, where Russell Wilson scored 16, Lamar and Cousins got 12, and Deshaun Watson got 9. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnBQ3DZ12JE&t=223s

Deshaun Watson has looked noticeably worse than Lamar at just about everything and hasn't received one bit of criticism for anything. It's actually quite impressive, tbh.