Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

18 hours ago, DreamKid said:

1st world problems bruh.

The idea of the Ravens having some tradeable assets to take advantage of would be nice. Not sure who would be likely to garner much attention, though. Weddle is too old, Jimmy Smith is too injured, Tony Jefferson wasn't great last year. Any of the younger guys would struggle to attract even a 6th round pick.

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

We've officially entered the NFL yearly dark age, the long boring stretch to Pre Season :(.

Or we can look at this as the time to prepare cool nicknames for draft pics and such.??‍♀️

Maybe that would be a good thread, “if the Ravens were the Avengers, which characters would they be and why.”?

Edited by diamondbull424

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Anyone want to read too much into the Colts and Rams both calling us for joint practices?  We seem like an odd choice for the Rams, they won't see many of our ilk during the season. 

Probably nothing crazy. 

Harbaugh has (1) been around quite a while relative to many NFL coaches, (2) has been succesful, (3) has shown willingness to do joint practices in the past and (4) is known as a CEO type head coach. 

Wouldnt surprise me one bit that two young/new coaches would be interested in seeing first hand how he runs things. Particularly when you consider that they’re both known for being hands-on for one side of the ball. 

9 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Or we can look at this as the time to prepare cool nicknames for draft pics and such.??‍♀️

Maybe that would be a good thread, “if the Ravens were the Avengers, which characters would they be and why.”?

I think there’s a bunch of good ones, but for the life of me I can’t think of a single Raven who works as Thor...

;)

• Like 1

I'd guess that the Ravens' joint practice sessions in previous years have been well received by coaches, and talked about in coaching circles.

Harbs always comes across as a coach's coach, and seems to get on very well with his colleagues around the league. And one who is probably willing to share his experience and knowledge with younger guys like McVey.

As for Ravens as Avengers, two that immediately spring to mind are Justin Tucker as Hawkeye and Brandon Williams as the Hulk. 

9 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Suggs - Incredible Hulk

Tucker - Hawkeye

Weddle - Captain America

Flacco - Iron Man

Yanda - Thor

Collins - Black Widow

Lamar - Black Panther 

Ozzie - Vision

Salary Cap Manager - Thanos

3 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Brandon Williams as Hulk

Hayden Hurst as Thor

Joe Flacco as Ironman

Ozzie as Nick Frost

Eric Weddle as Captain America

Lamar Jackson as Falcon

Lardarius Webb (former Ravens?) as Spiderman

Terrell Suggs as War Machine

Justin Tucker as Hawkeye

? We had similar thoughts.. 

Just now, Darth Pees said:

Brandon Williams as Hulk

Hayden Hurst as Thor

Joe Flacco as Ironman

Ozzie as Nick Frost

Eric Weddle as Captain America

Lamar Jackson as Falcon

Lardarius Webb (former Ravens?) as Spiderman

Terrell Suggs as War Machine

Justin Tucker as Hawkeye

Lamar Jackson = Black Panther.

He would look cool AF with the black uni and a Black Panther mask on. A large part of the Bmore community believes he was slighted as a result of his skin color. Black Panther is a contemporary symbol of the African American community and I think Lamar Jackson can make the diverse Baltimore community proud. 

5 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

Actually, Joe Flacco and his contract make more sense as Thanos than anything else. "In order for this team to survive, I must inhibit 50% of the cap space".

Less than 14% in 2018 actually. 

Yes, the bad math/logic with QB contacts  bothers me enough to correct you even when I know you aren't being serious

• Like 4