Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

1 hour ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

It's not a great look but I think a lot of us felt this way seeing leaving 6th and 7th string corners on an island against Davante Adams last year. 

on another note - it would be really really really great if we could find a way to land Odell Beckham Jr. for a playoff run. Guys like James Proche are negatively impacting the game when they are on the field

Lamar has to reach out and sell the idea of being his #1 receiver (excluding Andrews). It could be enticing to Odell. He might want a pass first offense though. It's reported we have been in contact with him. 

45 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Lamar really needs to get an agent. One of the whole reasons you have them is because players feelings get hurt when you negotiate with them personally.

That's for a normal negation too, this is a clusterf*ck on a different level.

First, no agent Lamar is really negotiating against Biscotti for the fully guaranteed deal- so already the situation is weird with the GM and agent being removed. Then, you add in the NFLPA now trying to get their grubby hands involved with the collusion accusations. 

All of it happening while Lamar is battling through some regression and the coaching staff is begging to be fired too. It's bad from all angles.

Harbaugh was smart to get in defense mode with this latest Lamar controversy(Jamison Hensley nonsense). Baltimore sports media trying to frame LJ in a negative light won't make him more eager to sign an extension and stay here long term. The organization needs to make it clear that they will protect him in situations like this.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Roman would be a great college HC with his system and that has nothing to do with me wanting to move on from him at all.

I didn’t go to college and I don’t really watch college football, but if Stanford hires Roman I will forever be indebted to Stanford and they have a fan in me for life.

• Like 2

Yeah I think we’re just at a point where the offense isn’t surprising anyone anymore and while it “works” I’m also of the belief that it would “work” in a more traditional offense as well.

The Philly offense and the Bears offense were also putting up points with their QBs and they didn’t need to be designed specifically for their “unique skill sets” yet also allow those front offices to recruit talented weapons.

I don’t think Roman is terrible. I think he’s not very adaptable in-game and he’s not particularly good at analyzing initial flaws to expose. Either that or he sees the flaws but waits to expose them until later in the game.

I'm actually unsure of whether Roman taking the Stanford job is a good thing. The best thing that could happen is Harbaugh gets fired and the Ravens bring in Payton or Steichen or whomever and implement a cutting edge offense. 

But if Roman leaves voluntarily, then Harbaugh will bring in some nobody and the offense will get worse. No up-and-coming offensive mind will take the Ravens OC job if they are already working under one of the better offensive minds. Roman is the best Harbaugh can do.