Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

47 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'm curious: for round 1, would you rather

1. Go on the road to play the Titans. 

2. Host a game against a dangerous wildcard like the Bengals or Dolphins.

I'd rather play the Titans. Our defense is built to stop their offense. No way I want to face the Bengals or Dolphins without Marcus Peters.

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'm curious: for round 1, would you rather

1. Go on the road to play the Titans. 

2. Host a game against a dangerous wildcard like the Bengals or Dolphins.

Give me the latter game.

Titans are a dangerous team for most other teams and a tough out. So I’d rather they have a shot at upsetting a team like the Bills or Chiefs.

Conversely whether it’s first round, second round, AFCCG we’re going to be in a position where we’ll need to stop potent offenses.

If this team isn’t capable of doing that and we’re incapable of winning said games, then I’d rather lose early and get the better draft pick, then losing a week later, but only because we matchup well against the Titans.

9 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Give me the latter game.

Titans are a dangerous team for most other teams and a tough out. So I’d rather they have a shot at upsetting a team like the Bills or Chiefs.

Conversely whether it’s first round, second round, AFCCG we’re going to be in a position where we’ll need to stop potent offenses.

If this team isn’t capable of doing that and we’re incapable of winning said games, then I’d rather lose early and get the better draft pick, then losing a week later, but only because we matchup well against the Titans.

I agree… No need to sugarcoat it.. just rip the bandaid completely off.. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I don’t even think it matters. This offence probably loses all 3 of those matchups in a playoff game 

The offense does suck. But we’ve yet to see Lamar with a healthy Stanley and Dobbins this season. Neither has the NFL.

Lamar gets us 20 points at least yesterday and likely the same in the playoffs.

So assuming Peters is able to return for a playoff run and possibly more healthy than he’s looked the last few weeks than our defense can probably hold the above teams to right around 20 points or possibly less.

One thing is for sure, if Lamar gets this squad multiple playoff wins with this anemic WR talent that is a bottom three receiving unit (counting Andrews) as currently constructed than Bisciotti needs to do for Lamar what Jerry Jones has been doing for OBJ. (simping)

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

I’m just glad the world got to see how much Lamar has covered up for this team… Just incompetence all over the place… Like really… All I kept hearing is… oh we don’t have to change the offense because Snoop has a similar skill set to Lamar and oh we’ll be able to run our full playbook because there isn’t much of a drop off without Lamar.. lol… if he couldn’t win with Hollywood Bateman and Andrews how is gonna win with what we have now… My thing is this if Lamar leaves so should harbaugh.. if we’re being real if it wasn’t for Lamar’s late season rookie run and subsequent mvp run harbs and Roman would already be gone… but let me get back to Saturday… I knew we was gonna lose soon as we didn’t take the points that first drive… We consistently leave points on the board when as a team we clearly struggle putting points on the board… Your on the road with a backup QB and a defense that has been very effective… take the points… then your rbs have 20 Carries for 180 yards and u give Huntley 30 pass attempts… like what… I can’t with this team lol… it’s just crazy logically… I understand hindsight is 20/20 but bro this stuff doesn’t make sense in the moment either… 3rd and 7 from the 7 and u throw a 5 yard slant with one of the least physical wideouts in the league ( no disrespect for DJax but he 160 pounds soaking wet)… but beyond that even if he catches it he’s not getting a TD… for all that just run the friggin ball and take the fg… Then tuck misses… Then Tuck gets blocked… bro u can’t make this stuff up… We collectively as a team offensively (except the rbs and oline run blocking) did everything we possibly could to lose this game… but nothing was worse than the running backs out there killing but u want to be “unpredictable”… I’m sick of it

Edited by bmorecareful
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Incoming Sammy Watkins signing.

he’s being released. Sad thing is he would probably be our best receiver 

Ain’t no probably in it lol… At least he wouldn’t have to learn the vast complexity of this offense… and with no hollywood and no Bateman his role would be whatever he wants it to be… But he won’t clear waivers… someone ahead of us in the pecking order will put in a claim 

• Like 3