Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

1 hour ago, bmorecareful said:

So our receivers tomorrow will be DRob DJax Sammy Watkins James Proche and Andy Isabella… Honestly where do u guys think this ranks as a unit over the past 5 years leaguewide… 

It certainly makes the all name team at least. Watkins, Isabella, DJax, and DRob 3-4 years ago might’ve sounded like quite a quality unit on paper.

Yet as bad as it might be, it’s still infinitely better than what Lamar had to work with when Bateman went down. So it’s actually kind of an upgrade in a way (which is sad).

I’d like to see what Isabella looks like though, he’s had plenty of time to learn the offense and has a similar skill set to Duvernay. I’d like to see if he’s able to do anything of note.

23 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

It sucks that Lamar isn't going to be out there when we could really come close to securing a playoff spot.

Correlating the timeline of his recovery to a lack of motivation to be out there is fan fiction.

IDK. It depends on if Lamar comes back next week. If he doesn’t, I think there’s definitely something to all of this as a contract ploy.

Ronnie Stanley has come back a week after projections this season so I could see Lamar’s situation being similar from the medical staff.

However if he’s not back by next week, I think there’s certainly fire collecting where the smoke resides.

Edited by diamondbull424

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

IDK. It depends on if Lamar comes back next week. If he doesn’t, I think there’s definitely something to all of this as a contract ploy.

Ronnie Stanley has come back a week after projections this season so I could see Lamar’s situation being similar from the medical staff.

However if he’s not back by next week, I think there’s certainly fire collecting where the smoke resides.

Which projection?

https://twitter.com/GameMedicine/status/1605972584075366405

Others on twitter who are supposedly in the field like ProFootballDoc also were predicting it would be 4 weeks. As mentioned in the tweet above Zac Wilson missed 4 games (not counting the game he got injured) in his rookie season with the same injury happening on a very similar looking play. I find it hard to believe Zach Wilson was sandbagging when he was attempting to establish himself. So, Lamar being out the 3rd game after doesn't seem atypical.

What little I know about injuries is that they are not all the same, so even if it does take longer than the projections, it'd be reckless to assume it is due to personal choice. That's what I'd assume the informed would say.

Edited by wackywabbit

37 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Which projection?

https://twitter.com/GameMedicine/status/1605972584075366405

Others on twitter who are supposedly in the field like ProFootballDoc also were predicting it would be 4 weeks. As mentioned in the tweet above Zac Wilson missed 4 games (not counting the game he got injured) in his rookie season with the same injury happening on a very similar looking play. I find it hard to believe Zach Wilson was sandbagging when he was attempting to establish himself. So, Lamar being out the 3rd game after doesn't seem atypical.

What little I know about injuries is that they are not all the same, so even if it does take longer than the projections, it'd be reckless to assume it is due to personal choice. That's what I'd assume the informed would say.

This is interesting I had heard this was a 2-3 week injury recovery time. After your info above, it does look as though this shows as a 2-6 week recovery time.

I stand corrected.

Hypothetical question to everyone out there. Talking to a guy at the bar and he said the ravens would be stupid to trade Lamar which I agreed but they he said there is nothing any team could give that would be enough and that’s were I interjected and said that’s not true. I gave him a far fetched hypothetical and said what if the jets give 3 first rounders garret wilson and sauce Gardner he said absolutely not. I love Lamar but I would drive him to flotsam park myself. What do you guys think?

1 hour ago, santiagomn8 said:

Hypothetical question to everyone out there. Talking to a guy at the bar and he said the ravens would be stupid to trade Lamar which I agreed but they he said there is nothing any team could give that would be enough and that’s were I interjected and said that’s not true. I gave him a far fetched hypothetical and said what if the jets give 3 first rounders garret wilson and sauce Gardner he said absolutely not. I love Lamar but I would drive him to flotsam park myself. What do you guys think?

Sold. I’m in the sign Lamar camp, but if you’re trading a kings ransom like that we’d be insane not to take 3 first rounders and two proven talented players at positions of need. 

2 hours ago, santiagomn8 said:

I would take that in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, santiagomn8 said:

That offer isn't coming from the Jets. Sauce and Wilson are HIGH first round picks who look like clear hits so that is greater than 5 1sts. 

But, I also wouldn't do that trade. I've seen enough bad QB with great roster in my decades of watching this team. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, santiagomn8 said:

Meh. Everyone has a price. But this type of offer would never happen. The 3 firsts yeah, but Sauce was drafted high and looks elite, he would never be traded.

Wilson, I’m not as high on as some. I don’t think he’s got the look of an elite WR and he also complains too much as a rookie for my tastes.

I get it, your QB is trash, but if we trade for him, there’s no guarantee what our offense looks like and I don’t want a potential cancer.

That said this would be at the requisite level of talent I’d want to see to move on from Lamar vs just paying him and getting him a double dip in the draft.

31 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Flexed into primetime SNF next week. I feel like NBC isn't going to do that unless they have some information from the league/organization indicating that Lamar is playing, right? Because why the hell would they flex Tyler Huntley vs. Kenny Pickett into primetime? 

I saw Bengals vs Bills next week is the only game being played between 2 teams above .500, so I don’t think they had a lot of options. The other was maybe Panthers-Bucs which could decide playoff entrants depending how week 18 shakes out, but theoretically the Steelers are still “in the hunt” as well, so for NBC’s perspective, i bet any sort of relevant Ravens/Steelers game whatsoever >>>’s a relatively relevant Panthers Bucs game.

Id be surprised if they had any info on Lamar when they made the call 

Edited by Ray Reed