GDT: Chargers @ Raiders

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

Disclosure before I say this and sign off for the night: I have not been to a game in Oakland since Terrelle Pryor vs Steelers. Have not bought a jersey in a decade plus.

There is plenty to be mad at within the organization, top to bottom. To call out fans for showing up to the games, spending money to support the team or to see the team in the last season in Oakland, whether they are 1-9, 9-1, 0-16, whatever...makes you trash, and you need to STFU. Flat out.

I applaud any fan who goes to the game to enjoy the experience of being a fan, through thick or thin. Way better than those mocking people for seeing the game in person with fellow fans.

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr still refusing to throw deep. 6.5 YPA in this game to go with his 6.7 career average. 

Interesting. Before today, according to game logs, he had 2198 yards on 282 attempts. Adding today's totals of 243 yards on 37 attempts brings his yearly total to 2441 yards on 319 attempts. 2441/319 = 7.652 YPA. I don't know where you got those numbers from but here is what I referenced:

http://www.nfl.com/player/derekcarr/2543499/gamelogs
https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018111109/2018/REG10/Chargers@Raiders?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2018111109

1 minute ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Interesting. Before today, according to game logs, he had 2198 yards on 282 attempts. Adding today's totals of 243 yards on 37 attempts brings his yearly total to 2441 yards on 319 attempts. 2441/319 = 7.652 YPA. I don't know where you got those numbers from but here is what I referenced:

http://www.nfl.com/player/derekcarr/2543499/gamelogs
https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018111109/2018/REG10/Chargers@Raiders?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2018111109

There is nothing infactual about my statement. 

12 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Sure, I misread the one game part. Though the stats of the season to date* (edit) provides more context, no?

Not really, I can provide you with 4 different games from nexgen stats with 85% of Carrs throws being with 12 yards or so. 

Coop has eight targets in the first half tonight. How many games has coop not even had that in an entire game with us? He didn’t get consistent looks for his entire career with us. Blame playcalling, blame the oline, but the only constant has been Carr.

We’ve been making excuses for him for years. Bottom line is that he is not an elite qb. Other QBs don’t give up on plays so easily. I’ve been holding out hope and have been willing to give him second chances but I have very little faith in him.The only problem is that I’m not sure the answer is available this offseason.

1 hour ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Did you see anyone open downfield? Carr has plenty of deserved blame but we have the worst weapons in the league, flat out. Zero separation. 

Idk... the broadcast angle doesn't show downfield so it's hard to say. I'm guessing not since our OL sucks.

1 hour ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Did you see anyone open downfield? Carr has plenty of deserved blame but we have the worst weapons in the league, flat out. Zero separation. 

1. Bills have the worst weapons in the league. I’d put us at a solid #2. 

2. Carr has been playing this way a lot longer than this season. 

23 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Coop has eight targets in the first half tonight. How many games has coop not even had that in an entire game with us? He didn’t get consistent looks for his entire career with us. Blame playcalling, blame the oline, but the only constant has been Carr.

We’ve been making excuses for him for years. Bottom line is that he is not an elite qb. Other QBs don’t give up on plays so easily. I’ve been holding out hope and have been willing to give him second chances but I have very little faith in him.The only problem is that I’m not sure the answer is available this offseason.

The answer won’t be available this off season which is probably a good thing, we need more high draft picks. 2020 will have much better QB talent in the draft. 

I don't see how watching this game changed anything about Carr. He played pretty ok. Nothing spectacular or bad. The O lacked execution as usual, the line wasn't good, and our receivers are mediocre. At least the running games showed up.

I'd give him next year for sure to see what he can do with hopefully some more talent and a better team. Again, his contract really isn't that bad and as more of these guys get extended, it'll look better and better. I think his pocket awareness is improved and he's starting to throw on the run this year. That being said, he's not close to perfect in any of these ideas, but I'm still baffled by these comments that "he's broken". Maybe put him on a team with some talent and he can succeed, like many of these other qb's. Look at a lot of these good passing teams. They all have weapons.

Hell, when Fitzpatrick lit it up, he had Mike Evans, Desean Jackson, and OJ Howard. Brees has michael thomas, a good OL and protection. Ben has AB, a good OL, and Juju. The list goes on. None of these guys (except maybe rodgers and brady) can do it without some talent and help. Which of our current skill position guys, aside from Jared Cook, would even start for some of these good offenses? The answer is none. And the interior OL is banged up and underperforming. Ditto for our rookie OT's, who need work.

This is not even a defense of Carr. This is just pointing out the obvious. If you don't have field stretchers and time in the pocket, you can't throw deep effectively. His ball placement has actually been better this year as well, which seemingly no one wants to point out. 

12 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Disclosure before I say this and sign off for the night: I have not been to a game in Oakland since Terrelle Pryor vs Steelers. Have not bought a jersey in a decade plus.

There is plenty to be mad at within the organization, top to bottom. To call out fans for showing up to the games, spending money to support the team or to see the team in the last season in Oakland, whether they are 1-9, 9-1, 0-16, whatever...makes you trash, and you need to STFU. Flat out.

I applaud any fan who goes to the game to enjoy the experience of being a fan, through thick or thin. Way better than those mocking people for seeing the game in person with fellow fans.

I think if you go back to my post(s) and read it more clearly, what I really want is to call ON fans, not call them OUT, to support or not support in this case a team run so poorly. It's a rough lesson to learn. But like I said you upvote with your dollars at this point. Hey, anyone who wants to go drop a grand or more of money they earn to go experience being a fan, nothing I can do about that. But with this team you know what you're paying for. The right to get reamed, a brutal loss, a lying coach, a nitwit owner who just got alot richer, players who don't care and cash checks. 

Saying it makes me trash and that I should STFU is pretty over the top. And absurd. But you seem to quietly acknowledge in the first sentences that I'm right. You don't give this team your money.

Noone is mocking these people. You're confusing me with Victor Cotto. I am saying at this point the buyer needs to step back and assess what they're getting for their money. Remember we're not talking about thick and thin here, just mere down times for a team. We're talking about chronic clear organizational mismanagement for decades now, consistently. We're talking about a team, top to bottom, gleefully enjoying the fans money and putting out utter crap year after year, tons of lies and hype, and now leaving this fanbase completely. 

Archived