GDT: Chargers @ Raiders

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

28 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

I ain’t giving them a dime till we turn it around. I don’t trust anyone in our organization at all so no one should be feeding the bowl cut. I agree and our dysfunction hasn’t stopped yet. Of course I keep my hopes up but numb to the sadness. Look at all the people that bought JaMarcus McClain and Mack Jersey’s wasted cash on a useless product. If I was going to buy one and one I should’ve at the time when I watched him play and seen live is Howie Long

Vintage jerseys can actually be had on ebay of guys like Long and many others. For cheap. It's where I got my Bo one for next to nothing.

It's an easy equation at this point in terms of turning things around and you will know when it happens. Once upon a time Al Davis was a dynamic enough mind to run a whole organization and be truly ascendent in the task. He was a special football case. That was back before these were multi million and billion dollar entities. Once the NFL got "big" and he aged, that no longer worked. As long as this team still runs a "team" concept with the players on the field, but doesn't emulate that in the front office (with a fully populated team of individuals in clearly defined roles, working together) there will be no consistent success. Maybe one good luck season, but nothing sustained. 

That Reggie McKenzie was ever relied on to modernize training facilities and scouting departments (among other things) exemplifies the issue. That's not in any modern GMs job description, and most definitely took away from personnel efforts. 

Basically, until we have a genuine team in place up top this will still be a dumpster fire. That Mark Davis left such responsibilities up to a GM highlights his lack of understanding of the full grasp of owning and running an NFL team. There is the problem, hiding in plain sight.

I am still to this day astounded by the fact that he was able to put together the Las Vegas stadium, and moreso that he was able to outmaneuver Adelson in the process. Incredibly shrewd from a person who appears to be completely incompetent in running a team. Even though he has shown that acumen for the business side, the team problem remains. There is a massive lack of team management personnel, bad role definition, not nearly enough people and not enough skilled people. 

Hudson is one of the few vets on this team that I would be upset to hear this from. Gabe is fat and slow, KO is playing hurt but hasn’t looked the same in two years. Anyone else that leaves isn’t a huge deal. FWIW, Martin actually has looked decent last three games.

6 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

True but the offense is now got to be the slowest by a county mile now that he’s out. I’m assuming Ateman gets his shot 

Yup: Jordy, LaFell, Roberts, DMartin, Cook (Cook is at least average for a TE).

Sucks because it would be nice to really evaluate Carr this year but I don’t think you can properly do so with the piss poor talent around him.

3 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

I think he was only targeted one time as well. It's pretty sad that we can't even attempt any passes beyond 10 yards anymore.

Did you see anyone open downfield? Carr has plenty of deserved blame but we have the worst weapons in the league, flat out. Zero separation. 

Archived