Minnesota sending Butler to Philadelphia

NYRaider

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That was a ridiculous trade offer.  It made no sense, long-term or short, since most draft picks don't even pan out period, and low-level 1st rounders even less so.  That offer was equivalent to just giving Butler away for 2 Cheese pizzas and a case of Natural Light. 

The cost/drunk level of Natty Light is unbeatable, honestly.

31 minutes ago, swede700 said:
15 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Would you have preferred the 4 1sts from the Rockets over this deal? I certainly think the Rockets deal made more sense long term, just more upside, but if trying to compete now getting two starter quality players makes sense. 

That was a ridiculous trade offer.  It made no sense, long-term or short, since most draft picks don't even pan out period, and low-level 1st rounders even less so.  That offer was equivalent to just giving Butler away for 2 Cheese pizzas and a case of Natural Light. 

I think Saric and Convington are criminally underappreciated by most, too. Those are two very strong pieces for a contending team. 

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I think Saric and Convington are criminally underappreciated by most, too. Those are two very strong pieces for a contending team. 

Agreed. They made the best out of a bad situation.  And, in response to @MookieMonstah , sure, Natty light was unbeatable when I was in college, but I guess even then, I only resorted to that when I was in-between work-study paychecks.    :D

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Minnesota would be smart to trade both for assets at the deadline. Minny ain't contending for anything but the 8 seed.

Saric isnt an RFA until 2020 and Covington is under team control until 2022. I think the smart move is to hang onto them while you look for the one big piece you need to be legit contenders. Besides, it is way too early to say what Minny is contending for this season. 

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Saric isnt an RFA until 2020 and Covington is under team control until 2022. I think the smart move is to hang onto them while you look for the one big piece you need to be legit contenders. Besides, it is way too early to say what Minny is contending for this season. 

I don't think it is, KAT doesn't have the drive to be a top 5 player like he could be and Wiggins is straight bad. I'd honestly use Saric to get rid of Wiggins contract somehow, he's a scrub.

Minnesota isn't winning anything with their current roster, its a mess.

16 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think the last 2 both would have had value as potential lottery picks. Especially seeing how bad they look right now. Hell, might even get your lottery pick this year lol. Sure they recover, but going forward, Harden is not an LBJ type talent that can single handedly keep a team out of the lottery. CP3 is going to be gone or in his twlight years by the time those last 2 1sts come.

They could've put heavy protections on the last pick. Only the 2nd to last pick was up in the air.

32 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I don't think it is, KAT doesn't have the drive to be a top 5 player like he could be and Wiggins is straight bad. I'd honestly use Saric to get rid of Wiggins contract somehow, he's a scrub.

I think the coach is more the problem. If you can use either of them to package out Wiggins for a legit Superstar then by all means make that move. Otherwise, keep Saric and RobCo and look for another legit superstar to pair with KAT to push him but not Jimmy Butler the whole thing. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Saric isn't getting Wiggins traded. Minnesota is stuck with him unless they attach 1sts.

20 hours ago, Utley said:

Butler isn't toxic.

Fultz has value, although not nearly what he had as a pick

Philly is the third best team in the east.

Wiggins will never be traded.

The east is the better conference.

He's going to have to prove it.  This is the second franchise that he's essentially buried in the ground.  If that happens a 3rd time, it's time to start looking at the player.  And Fultz has no value.  At best, a team might think they can rehab him but in terms of value it's shot.  Like probably slightly above zero value.  He's a bust at this point, and he's mentally toast.

18 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think the last 2 both would have had value as potential lottery picks. Especially seeing how bad they look right now. Hell, might even get your lottery pick this year lol. Sure they recover, but going forward, Harden is not an LBJ type talent that can single handedly keep a team out of the lottery. CP3 is going to be gone or in his twlight years by the time those last 2 1sts come.

IF they weren't taking back a bunch of bad contracts, maybe I could see the argument for the Rockets' package.  But the Rockets wanted the Wolves to take back Brandon Knight and the 2 years, $31M left on it.  The Rockets have to eventually figure things out this year, so they're probably not getting a lottery pick this year.  And the Harden/CP3/Butler trio keeps them afloat in a couple of years when that second pick conveys.  So you're essentially betting on those last two picks.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

He's going to have to prove it.  This is the second franchise that he's essentially buried in the ground.  If that happens a 3rd time, it's time to start looking at the player.  And Fultz has no value.  At best, a team might think they can rehab him but in terms of value it's shot.  Like probably slightly above zero value.  He's a bust at this point, and he's mentally toast.

They’ve turned down offers that sent them a starter.

Archived