Minnesota sending Butler to Philadelphia

NYRaider

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Butler is toxic and I don't think this is going to go all that well in that locker room.

I really don't think Embiid and Simmons are dudes who get bullied. 

I don't really know if this elevates them over any team tbh tho. They still just might be the  4th best team in the East.

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Not really. Caused a ton of **** at both stops. If things don't go how he wants them to, he throws a fit. I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

I know very little about NBA but living in Philly it's kind of exciting.  His attitude considered, what's the value like for what we traded?

1 minute ago, Knowledge said:

lol stop 

the celtics beat them with their best player being a rookie last year, people overrate Simmons and Embiid (a lesser extend Embiid this year). And Butler has always been overrated. I think he has won one playoff series his entire career where he was a rotation player.

Don't see why they would take this over the Rockets 4 1sts. Those later 2 1sts certainly could have been lotto picks. RoCo and Saric are solid players but neither are exactly building blocks for a franchise and what you see is pretty much what you get with them, Saric has a bit more room to grow but I don't think it'll be much. Would rather roll the dice on those 4 1sts then this offer, which sure, keeps you more competitive in the present, but you're still a fringe playoff team.

32 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I know very little about NBA but living in Philly it's kind of exciting.  His attitude considered, what's the value like for what we traded?

Depends on whether or not Jimmy re-signs. RoCo was a very good role player with a very nice contract and Saric, while not great, was a floor stretcher from the 4, which is something Muscala really isn't going to give you. We'll see how Buckets fits with the youth tho. Didn't work out very well in Minnesota.

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Depends on whether or not Jimmy re-signs. RoCo was a very good role player with a very nice contract and Saric, while not great, was a floor stretcher from the 4, which is something Muscala really isn't going to give you. We'll see how Buckets fits with the youth tho. Didn't work out very well in Minnesota.

Muscala has already proven he can stretch the floor in his short period of time with the team. Along with that and Wilson Chandler getting healthy I think they were comfortable letting Saric go.

23 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

the celtics beat them with their best player being a rookie last year, people overrate Simmons and Embiid (a lesser extend Embiid this year). And Butler has always been overrated. I think he has won one playoff series his entire career where he was a rotation player.

Whatever happened last year is irrelevant. Embiid is far from overrated he's arguably the best player in the East. Sixers now have 3 of the top 6/7 players in the East  

5 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

You're joking right?

First of all, who overrated Embiid and Simmons? 

They're properly rated. Embiid is, really, going beyond expectations for him so far in that he's already establishing himself as a top 5-10 player in the league. And he's only going to get better.

And Simmons? Why is he overrated? Because he can't shoot threes? Oh gollyjee!!! What are we to do?!?! Ben will only average a 17/10/9 this year! He sucks! How about the fact that the guy is already a top 5 passer in the NBA, probably top 2-3, and despite literally never shooting an ACTUAL three (meaning not half court buzzer beater), the guy is still somehow able to score over 16-17 points a night. Think about that for a second. Let it soak in, how hard it must be to do what he's doing without being able to shoot 3s.

You realize it takes years and years most times for bigger guys (6'7 and over) who come into the league without being able to shoot to learn how right? When did DMC finally start shooting them? His 6th or 7th year? Remember how terrible Lebron was from behind the arc in his first few seasons? Ben will be fine. He is absolutely cerebral enough to know that he will need to take a full off-season soon and just practice his jump shot. Because can you imagine what he will be like when he actually CAN shoot 3s? Even as like a 33-35% 3 pt shooter, he will be almost impossible to defend. 

And as for Butler being overrated. Depends on what you think people think he is. I say he's a borderline All Pro, bona fide All Star who will probably miss 15-20 games some seasons, but is absolutely worth having on your team so long as you have players like Embiid and Simmons (who are basically the polar opposites as far as young teammates go compared to KAT/Wiggins) and Jimmy doesn't have to carry a team. 

Go look at how good the Wolves were last season with Jimmy in the lineup. IIRC they went like 23-7 or something. Guy is really good. And he's a great fit on this Sixers teams.

Also

Mina Kimes is an idiot. Can't stand her. Joel might like to joke around off the court , but on the court when it is game time, he is a different beast. The trash talking, wants-to-win-at-all-costs kind of beast. And Simmons is very quiet on the court and is by far the most gifted player Jimmy has ever played with in terms of basketball IQ

I think it’s a good deal for both sides. I don’t think it’s a super easy fit with Butler and the two stars, but I’m excited to see how it works. Butler is extremely ball dominant so he is going to have to work off the ball a lot more. This really raises their ceiling though 

4 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Whats so funny?

Boston
Toronto
Milwaukee
Philly

Sixers got worked by the Celtics without our two best players.

Sixers were right there with all those teams before they traded for a 20+ scoring All-Star. Sixers are the 2nd best team in the NBA now. Stars win. All of a sudden the Bucks are this unbeatable force LUL

Archived