Cowboys @ Eagles

Ragnarok

1 minute ago, riceman80 said:

He's gotta be nearly 40 now. Thought for sure he'd retire after the SB

He should have, but he felt like he didn't "earn" that ring because he didn't play in the playoffs and wanted to give it another go. Talk about your all time backfires.

Just now, Jeezla said:

He should have, but he felt like he didn't "earn" that ring because he didn't play in the playoffs and wanted to give it another go. Talk about your all time backfires.

The dude can't even finish games anymore lol

Great player, great guy, but he desperately needs to hang the cleats up

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Whitworth is a month older than Peters, but Peters injury history really caught up to him this season. It's crazy that Whitworth is still balling. Jones, Pace, Ogden all looked like crap at 34/35. Whitworth will be 37 next month.

Whitworth is a Hall of Famer for me. In terms of 1st Team All-Pros he's right there with Peters. Way short on Pro Bowls, but Whitworth could arguably make All-Decade which I think would cement him as a Hall of Famer. 

Edit: Also, it helps that Whitworth spent considerable time at guard where his legs got preserved.

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Whitworth is a Hall of Famer for me. In terms of 1st Team All-Pros he's right there with Peters. Way short on Pro Bowls, but Whitworth could arguably make All-Decade which I think would cement him as a Hall of Famer. 

Edit: Also, it helps that Whitworth spent considerable time at guard where his legs got preserved.

Whitworth is the Frank Gore of LT's. Never the #1 LT, but top 5-10 for a long time.

10 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Whitworth is a month older than Peters, but Peters injury history really caught up to him this season. It's crazy that Whitworth is still balling. Jones, Pace, Ogden all looked like crap at 34/35. Whitworth will be 37 next month.

Eh, Whit is slowing down. He didn't have his best game today. He's still a quality LT and a truly elite blocker on the move, but he has been a tad more leaky in pass pro than in the past. If Noteboom shows well this off-season, I won't be surprised if we move Whitworth inside next year (assuming he doesn't retire).

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Can some team please hire Jim Schwartz as their head coach?

Your best bet may be Tampa for that and if they give up on Jameis and end up looking for another QB, who knows what the heck they'll do?

Archived