2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

After watching the intro interviews for the 4 guys last night, I have thoughts.....

I really like Za'Darius Smith. Seems like a really humble and likeable dude. 
Preston Smith sounded like a robot. Very boring. I'm indifferent on him
Adrian Amos seemed like a standard football player. Not a lot of personality in the interview. Meh
Billy Turner has a swagger about him, very confident. Love the attitude and confidence

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

After watching the intro interviews for the 4 guys last night, I have thoughts.....

Adrian Amos seemed like a standard football player. Not a lot of personality in the interview. Meh
Billy Turner has a swagger about him, very confident. Love the attitude and confidence

Is this a ranking on who you'd want to date burge?

• Like 2

Just now, SSG said:

Given the number of TEs who were injured last year (Walker, Henry, Doyle, Howard), I have a hard time putting anything into those "rankings".  In 2017, Walker had 17 more catches and a hair less than 300 yards more receiving all while being one of the best blocking TEs in the league.  Am I supposed to believe that he's the same caliber of TE as Robert Tonyan because they had the same number of catches and 20 fewer receiving yards on the season?

What's a broken thumb do for your injury rankings? 

Because Graham was averaging 4 receptions, 54 yards (13.5 yards per reception) a game before he broke his thumb. 

That's 2.5 less receptions and .5 more yards per reception than Travis Kelce had per game. 

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

I think we added four, hopefully, solid starters to the mix.  I think we are going to look more imposing coming off the bus as well.  I was saying in the Z thread .. I hope this is one of those guys that becomes a star before our eyes.  I have a feeling he will be used in a way that will see him get max production.  

Preston Smith .. solid and durable.  We can count on him to be on the field .. unlike Nick Perry.

Amos will bring some toughness, tackling ability, and stability to the safety position.

Turner .. versatile, and the kind of guy that that should help keep things loose in that Oline room.

13 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I watched them all too. Preston got a little more animated/eloquent when talking about football, but otherwise, yeah, Za'Darius is the guy you want to interview.

I disagree on Amos. He seemed a little nervous but came across as genuine and cool. Love love love the Baltimore accent.

Just now, Lodestar said:

I watched them all too. Preston got a little more animated/eloquent when talking about football, but otherwise, yeah, Za'Darius is the guy you want to interview.

I disagree on Amos. He seemed a little nervous but came across as genuine and cool. Love love love the Baltimore accent.

Really? I didn't feel a lot of personality. Maybe nerves, yeah

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Unless the GM you are dealing with is Outpost

Lol even he wouldn't give much. I tried to reply to you earlier about the 12 mil but it wouldn't go and I just said yeah it's definitely terrible value but I truly don't believe they'll be 15 better tight ends next year if he plays most games.

19 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Agree on Z. He's a guy that wants to be good at his job and treats people well. He is a nice combination of goofy and serious.

I disagree on Preston. I mean, yes he measures his words carefully, but I think that is his way of trying to behave like a professional.

Amos was a lot like Preston. He just left a highly successful defense and teammates he cared about to play for a bitter rival. He doesn't want to say anything, and neither would any of the rest of us. We would just want to get to work.

Turner is unlike anything we've seen. He is really easy to like. Man I hope he balls for us.

1 minute ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Agree on Z. He's a guy that wants to be good at his job and treats people well. He is a nice combination of goofy and serious.

I disagree on Preston. I mean, yes he measures his words carefully, but I think that is his way of trying to behave like a professional.

Amos was a lot like Preston. He just left a highly successful defense and teammates he cared about to play for a bitter rival. He doesn't want to say anything, and neither would any of the rest of us. We would just want to get to work.

Turner is unlike anything we've seen. He is really easy to like. Man I hope he balls for us.

I was commenting on personality and how the interview went.... Preston was boring and had the same answer for a ton of questions. It was boring. Amos didn't seem to have much of a personality in it either. I'm sure they are different in interviews, I just loved how Za'Darius and Billy came off, the personality and confidence shined 

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Unless the GM you are dealing with is Outpost

If you were dealing with GM Outpost, he wouldn't have signed Graham in the first place while you would have.  Don't act like you wouldn't have.  Everybody here is TE hungry except me. 

Outpost certainly wouldn't trade for Graham, but he ain't about to cut or trade an above average tight end just because he's upset at the contract or to save 7 million. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

If you were dealing with GM Outpost, he wouldn't have signed Graham in the first place while you would have.  Don't act like you wouldn't have.  Everybody here is TE hungry except me. 

Outpost certainly wouldn't trade for Graham, but he ain't about to cut or trade an above average tight end just because he's upset at the contract or to save 7 million. 

But think of all the bargain FAs you could get with 7 million. Peyton Hillis is out there again! Haha man do you remember that? When people were excited but bc we were going to cut Kuhn to sign Hillis lmao. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norm said:

But think of all the bargain FAs you could get with 7 million. Peyton Hillis is out there again! Haha man do you remember that? When people were excited but bc we were going to cut Kuhn to sign Hillis lmao. 

Pretty sure Peyton Hillis was a Mandela Effect too.

• Like 1