2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like Collins is more likely to play LB in this defense than safety, honestly.  How much is that worth?

Get people to stop pounding the table for Devin White?  Priceless. 

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Get people to stop pounding the table for Devin White?  Priceless. 

I mean, box safeties are small linebackers so you still need a guy next to him...

No one should be surprised if Collins signs for an affordable number somewhere else, he's just not gonna fit every defense.  Pettine obviously knows better than any of us but it's wholly plausible he says "nah".

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Andre Branch fit the thresholds @rcon14

Yes he does. .97 Speed 40, -.09 Agility.

Overall profile in percentile:
Mass: 47th
Power: 52nd
Speed 40: 72nd
Agility: 47th
Speed 10: 87th
Twitch: 68th

One thing to note is he's low-key kind of old now (turns 30 this summer) and hasn't had a lot of production.

I'd be ecstatic to land Collins. We need playmakers on our D. The current safeties blow and he fills the box, and the Pack can always draft a true free safety. So like others have said when he goes elsewhere I'll be sad.

3 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Yes he does. .97 Speed 40, -.09 Agility.

Overall profile in percentile:
Mass: 47th
Power: 52nd
Speed 40: 72nd
Agility: 47th
Speed 10: 87th
Twitch: 68th

One thing to note is he's low-key kind of old now (turns 30 this summer) and hasn't had a lot of production.

Yea, was thinking a possible depth type signing depending on who else GB ends up with at EDGE

16 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I'd be ecstatic to land Collins. We need playmakers on our D. The current safeties blow and he fills the box, and the Pack can always draft a true free safety. So like others have said when he goes elsewhere I'll be sad.

Is Collins a playmaker though?

He had 5 of his career 8 INTs in a 4 game span. He has 3 INTs and 2 FFs in his other 55 career games.

Call me crazy but I'm just not a fan of DBs that can't cover.

28 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

He had 5 of his career 8 INTs in a 4 game span. He has 3 INTs and 2 FFs in his other 55 career games.

I watched the GB-SEA game from last season the other night and we definitely could’ve used him that night.  The Seahawks ran all over us and it was hard to watch.  Collins is my boy but I think Earl helps us more.  

Speaking of Earl, I remember he told Jerry Jones to come get him after SEA played DAL. It’s prolly subterfuge but apparently Jerry isn’t in the market for a high priced safety.  I wonder if one of the reasons Earl wants to play there is bcuz he’s from Texas (also tax rea$on$). And if so, is he likely to sign with HOU (who for some reason doesn’t want to keep Mathieu) so he can be in Texas?

2 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I watched the GB-SEA game from last season the other night and we definitely could’ve used him that night.  The Seahawks ran all over us and it was hard to watch.  Collins is my boy but I think Earl helps us more.  

Speaking of Earl, I remember he told Jerry Jones to come get him after SEA played DAL. It’s prolly subterfuge but apparently Jerry isn’t in the market for a high priced safety.  Does Earl want to play there simply bcuz he’s from Texas? And if so, is he likely to sign with HOU (who for some reason doesn’t want to keep Mathieu) so he can be in Texas?

It was reported a few days ago that Earl would be taking no hometown discounts and is looking to be the highest paid safety in the league.

28 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Speaking of Earl, I remember he told Jerry Jones to come get him after SEA played DAL. It’s prolly subterfuge but apparently Jerry isn’t in the market for a high priced safety.  I wonder if one of the reasons Earl wants to play there is bcuz he’s from Texas (also tax rea$on$). And if so, is he likely to sign with HOU (who for some reason doesn’t want to keep Mathieu) so he can be in Texas?

Cowboys have Lawrence, Prescott, Elliott, Jones, and Cooper all to sign in the near future. I just dont see where they have the money to add much from outside.

I still to this day don't understand how free agents don't flock to the tax free states. Between cost of living and state income tax I'd pretty much only be either a Jaguar or a Titan as a free agent.

14 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Cowboys have Lawrence, Prescott, Elliott, Jones, and Cooper all to sign in the near future. I just dont see where they have the money to add much from outside.

I still to this day don't understand how free agents don't flock to the tax free states. Between cost of living and state income tax I'd pretty much only be either a Jaguar or a Titan as a free agent.

Maybe marketing deals? Jags and Titans aren't exactly the best locations for big deals like that? I'm with you, I wonder too. Just trying to figure what else goes in. 

How do taxes work with agents? Like an agent will just want them to take the BIGGEST deal right? They don't give a flip about what he pays in taxes, they just want their cut. Maybe that plays? No idea

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

He's not much of turnover forcer but in terms of making plays all over the field he is definitely a playmaker. The last time (or 2nd to last?) we played him he looked like prime Brian Dawkins.

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

He's not much of turnover forcer but in terms of making plays all over the field he is definitely a playmaker. The last time (or 2nd to last?) we played him he looked like prime Brian Dawkins.

The issue most often mentioned in connection with Collins is his coverage skills.
He's a Box Safety - and has that down apparently - but get him chasing guys around the field.......

25 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I'd be all about Tennessee.  Nashville is a pretty cool town.  No income tax.  Cheap as hell to live.  Winter isn't super bad.  City isn't ridiculously huge, which let's be honest, is a pain in the ***.

Archived