2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

f Fackrell were a free agent this year he'd get close to 10 a year. 

You really think so? Like Walden lucked into 11 that one year and then made even less than he was before. Granted he was older and everything

35 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I would pay Houston $17m for 3 years

Read this wrong the first time I thought you were saying 17 a year, clearly you weren't. I'd be in for that too, but neither of us would get close to signing him for that amount.  

Just now, Norm said:

You really think so? Like Walden lucked into 11 that one year and then made even less than he was before. Granted he was older and everything

I'm probably a little too high, but very average EDGE players are going to get 8+. I think Walden got 11 when he was with Indy, no? 

I think a good barometer will be Shane Ray who has been completely awful with Denver. 

9 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I'm probably a little too high, but very average EDGE players are going to get 8+. I think Walden got 11 when he was with Indy, no? 

I think a good barometer will be Shane Ray who has been completely awful with Denver. 

He got 11 sacks that last year there, then made less than 4 mil the next year and sat around in FA for an eternity IIRC. Probably a better player than Walden and younger and everything. I don't think he would get much over 7, if that. But who knows

24 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Gonna have to pay for him sounds like

Honestly, that's what I don't get.  I'd rather spend an extra few million and get him with a completely unguaranteed contract.  Unless Houston was demanding to rework his contract, the Packers should have been all over it.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, that's what I don't get.  I'd rather spend an extra few million and get him with a completely unguaranteed contract.  Unless Houston was demanding to rework his contract, the Packers should have been all over it.

Yea you have to imagine the Chiefs would have taken just about anything at the end of the day. So, why pay him 3/45 with guaranteed money versus 2/32 with none and one less 6th rd draft pick...

24 minutes ago, Norm said:

I said this today on reddit or something and pissed someone off bad, I said he's still gonna cost about 15 mil, teams just didn't wanna pay and give up something. And the dude melted down. Me>JLC though

That’s no saying much though. JLC is a Dbag 

Houston scenario doesn't makes sense. You had him for 2/30 with no guaranteed money and it would've probably cost a 5-6 round pick. Yet all these teams pass so they can throw 3/45 at him with guaranteed money? The hell sense does that make? I don't want to sign him if that's the case, whatever GM does that is an idiot.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Houston scenario doesn't makes sense. You had him for 2/30 with no o guaranteed money and it would've probably cost a 5-6 round pick. Yet all these teams pass so they can throw 3/45 at him with guaranteed money? The hell sense does that make. I don't want to sign him if that's the case, whatever GM does that is an idiot.

His agent may have informed teams that he had no intentions of playing without guaranteed money, or a new deal .. possibly?  Everybody wants the guaranteed money now. 

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

His agent may have informed teams that he had no intentions of playing without guaranteed money, or a new deal .. possibly?  Everybody wants the guaranteed money now. 

Either way, if you want him and the 15m per didn't scare you, pay a 6th and get exclusive rights to the contract negotiations then. Hopefully he goes for 3/30 or something and this is all just bad reporting or we're looking at a group of dumb GMs if you ask me.

38 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yea you have to imagine the Chiefs would have taken just about anything at the end of the day. So, why pay him 3/45 with guaranteed money versus 2/32 with none and one less 6th rd draft pick...

That's my train of thought.  I'd send that Brett Hundley pick to the Chiefs in a heartbeat if it meant I got a pass rusher with no long-term costs.

12 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That's really the only reason I could see teams passing up on a trade for him.  Still think he could fetch 3 years, $36M on the open market.  Hell, I'd be willing to guarantee his entire 2019 salary if it only cost a late Day 3 pick.

Archived