2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

1 hour ago, deathstar said:

No ones going to trade for a player who’s not going to show up to camp on his current deal.

This was my feeling when reading these posts as well. I think we may be entering a bit of a new era where players are able to dictate where they play at a much higher rate than we have seen in the past. I think the precedent has been set by Guys like Bell and AB that if you want out and you really stick to your guns you can get out. I don't recall this type of thing happening much in the past, but I get the feeling its going to be the new norm. 

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

Does anyone else get the vibe keeping Perry is still on the table? Considering  the 3-4 decent edge players are going to get 12-16m a year and they have guaranteed money still in Perry, it is possible. Perry has 9 million non guaranteed. On the open market, what would he get, like 1 year 5-7m?

Hes getting more then that on the open market.

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

And the great FA news starts....

As usual, I'm expecting to hear a lot of "the Packers were interested.....buuuutttt he's signing elsewhere." 

This is GB fa post tt. "Well we tried at least guys."

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

This is GB fa post tt. "Well we tried at least guys."

Thought Gipson would be a logical fit here, so I'm wondering why the talks didn't materialize. While of course I want Earl Thomas, it's pipe dream and Landon Collins is probably the only  FA safety I want no part of. Gipson and Boston are definitely No. 2 and No. 3 for me after ET. 

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

And the great FA news starts....

As usual, I'm expecting to hear a lot of "the Packers were interested.....buuuutttt he's signing elsewhere." 

To be honest often the best moves are the ones never made. Being forced into the second and third tier of FA is a good thing in my eyes. This team has some holes that need filling with good players not one or two FA's. Hopefully we're checking in no most everyone but hopefully we round out our roster with good players. Nice to get a star or two. If that plan doesn't pan out i expect us to add pieces cheaper that fill the roster and try to draft those high end players. Not much we can do.

16 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Slightly disappointing as I figured he would be the type of FA Green Bay could get. And with the coaching staff connection...

Its a deep safety FA class though so it is not something crazy killer.

I mean, honestly, Gipson kind of falls right in the middle of all of these guys. He will want to get paid close to Earl and Landon, but there are so many more starter quality players out there I'd probably rather pay $4-6M for than pay Gipson $9m+. That being said, I would have been happy to have Gipson

Archived