Keys to Gruden Success?

Humble_Beast

6 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

So with this win, is it logical to think we aren't tanking? I mean, I could only watch during the first half, but down 1, its easy to tank a 2 minute drill.And if we really are in tanking, why in the blue hell would we purposely win against the other team equally likely to get the first pick?

I've given up on Chucky and Mark's logic. Too many migraines

10 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

So with this win, is it logical to think we aren't tanking? I mean, I could only watch during the first half, but down 1, its easy to tank a 2 minute drill.And if we really are in tanking, why in the blue hell would we purposely win against the other team equally likely to get the first pick?

Yes. They were never tanking. They just have a roster full of holes and are getting out played. That "tanking" non-sense was jsut that. They want to win, just don't have the talent to do it consistently between roster and injuries.

Players don't tank and you could feel that today. Richard for example was running as hard as I've ever seen. Frostee was rallying this group and the coaches were going hard. 

Sad win against a bad team, but winning helps morale and now the talking heads can give it a rest for a week. 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

kinda be nice to let Edgar Bennet become OC and starting calling plays... up and coming coach who has good experience

Has he ever called plays in the past? I'm not sure - though I do remember him as a player for the Packers. We shouldn't any longer be the place where young coaches get thrown in, take their knocks before hitting big some place else IMHO.

48 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Dude, Gruden's ego stopped him from keeping a HOF talent. What makes you think he'd set it aside and let someone else call plays?

I broke my trackpad slamming that like button lol.

Gruden didn't come out of the booth, get a 100 million dollar contract to hire an OC. 

• Like 2

Roethlisberger mentioned how good of a job Mike Munchak has done getting "next man up" ready on the OL. It's 100% true. But happy he mentioned Munchak's right hand man, Shaun Sarrett. Sarrett got that OL in the right direction before MM arrived. Close relationship they have.

Maybe we could grab Sarrett with an OL coach gig to replace Cable...

18 hours ago, Rolni said:

Roethlisberger mentioned how good of a job Mike Munchak has done getting "next man up" ready on the OL. It's 100% true. But happy he mentioned Munchak's right hand man, Shaun Sarrett. Sarrett got that OL in the right direction before MM arrived. Close relationship they have.

Maybe we could grab Sarrett with an OL coach gig to replace Cable...

Cable is going to get a pass. They will justify injuries and having 2 rookies tackles as a the problem, then struggle next season again. 

Raiders should trade their pick for QB heavy team and get few extra picks and draft Oliver or Wolliams. 

Trade Carr to Jags or Giants for 2nd and 3rd. Carr isn't a franchise QB

Tank for Tua and now you have franchise QB and build a elite defense with your multiple picks in 19 & 20 drafts. 

Only problem is if Gruden can draft. As long as you have Tua, you'll always compete which is good