You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Really? That's what I want. I want a coach looking at the end of his career just like Aaron, starving for a ring.

Not a guy who's OK riding Aaron to 11-5 seasons knowing he'll get a shot to develop the next guy. Now Arians is the only one who fits that criteria, so it's him or a young gun.

What makes anyone think that Arians is going to reign in Aaron if you think Aaron is the issue?  I don't get it.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I've been on record as you want someone whose not afraid to challenge Rodgers, and stimulating him mentally.  I don't buy for a second that Rodgers can't be challenged.  It's pretty damn clear that Rodgers doesn't respect McCarthy anymore, and whatever he's saying is going in Aaron's ear and out the other.  Otherwise, we wouldn't have a repeat of the same issues over and over again.  When your HC and QB are on different pages, the offense is never going to work.

Exactly. I love Riley as much as the next guy but I just don't see him being someone that Rodgers would react well too. They are the same age lol.

Just now, CWood21 said:

What makes anyone think that Arians is going to reign in Aaron if you think Aaron is the issue?  I don't get it.

No one is going to reign in Aaron except himself. So this question is impossible to answer. However I feel the odds are better with a mind that's been around and he respects and trusts.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Then pull another one lol. They're will always be young and up and coming coaches.

You might disagree, but I'm seeing a rather weak future HC class right now.  You've got Lincoln Riley and that's about it.  There's no Kyle Shanahan, there's no Adam Gase, no Matt Nagy, etc.  The entire guys we're mentioning have significant flaws.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

So you are saying no coach will be able to reign in Rodgers?

Anyone that is a few years in age proximity to Rodgers is going to have a hard time doing so.  Anyone without a solid track record of running an NFL offense will as well.  

Just now, CWood21 said:

You might disagree, but I'm seeing a rather weak future HC class right now.  You've got Lincoln Riley and that's about it.  There's no Kyle Shanahan, there's no Adam Gase, no Matt Nagy, etc.  The entire guys we're mentioning have significant flaws.

But that doesn't mean another one doesn't come out of the woodwork tho. Just because there isn't one NOW doesn't mean there won't be one in 3, 4 or 5 years.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Exactly. I love Riley as much as the next guy but I just don't see him being someone that Rodgers would react well too. They are the same age lol.

Honestly, I think he's exactly what would work well with Rodgers.  And maybe it's me drinking the OU koolaid, but you've got a young guy.  He's going to be more open to what his QB has to say IMO.  He's going to adapt his scheme around his players.  We're seeing him do it right now with Oklahoma.  His offense has been even more productive with Kyler Murray than Baker Mayfield despite Mayfield being the better QB.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'd be ok with Arians. Probably my #2 after Jim.

Actually if John gets fired, he'd intrigue me too but not sure what that would mean for Pettine.

You think Aaron would want to work with a guy like the Hairbaugh? Rodgers is a genuine dude, Harbaugh is about the most fake schtick coach in the world right now. Think that would crash and burn hard.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Because Arians doesn’t f**k around.  Have you seen him on the sidelines?

Another stubborn HC?  Look, I'm not saying I'm totally against Arians, but I'd rather go with a younger guy.  I think they're going to be more adaptive than a guy who has been in the league for multiple decades.

Just now, beekay414 said:

But that doesn't mean another one doesn't come out of the woodwork tho. Just because there isn't one NOW doesn't mean there won't be one in 3, 4 or 5 years.

And they're going to be picked off before they get to that point.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Honestly, I think he's exactly what would work well with Rodgers.  And maybe it's me drinking the OU koolaid, but you've got a young guy.  He's going to be more open to what his QB has to say IMO.  He's going to adapt his scheme around his players.  We're seeing him do it right now with Oklahoma.  His offense has been even more productive with Kyler Murray than Baker Mayfield despite Mayfield being the better QB.

Eh, I dunno. Either way, we should have the pick of the litter when it comes to coaches regardless. Hard to see Riley leaving Oklahoma tho.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

You think Aaron would want to work with a guy like the Hairbaugh? Rodgers is a genuine dude, Harbaugh is about the most fake schtick coach in the world right now. Think that would crash and burn hard.

I disagree 100%.

I think Jim is ridiculously genuine. To the extreme. He's on the opposite end of that spectrum.

Archived